Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 GTO Vats disabled

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 GTO Vats disabled

After much reading I have come to the conclusion that there is one way to disable VATS on a 2004 Pontiac GTO and that is to program it out with a tuner such as EFILive / HPtunes or a GM Tech2. However, there seems to be a lot of people out there with the start for 1-2 seconds then die syndrome despite having disabled VATS. Can anyone provide a step by step How-To. There seems to be some special trick and I haven’t been able to nail it down yet. The above assumes that only the PCM is available.

OR

If I had the original BCM will any of the traditional tricks work (ie can I trick it with 1/15 different resistors).

I need to purchase another license (different vehicle type) in order to program my PCM. Which... I am trying to avoid for the time being as money is tight.

Also can the Traction Control Module (the one beside the PIM module) and wiring be removed from the engine harness. From the schematics it doesn’t seem to have any control/communication with the PCM/BCM and looks like it can be pulled without any consequence. The same goes for the EBCM (electronic brake control module)?

Quick Reply: 04 GTO Vats disabled