Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

man f@#$ richmond dragway!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default man f@#$ richmond dragway!

my first trip there and bang goes the 4l60e! lol! it's not really all that bad of a track. have heard bad things about it , but it was pretty laid back and a good time other than my 4l60e imploding! lol!
had to back through the pits and onto the trailer. so now comes a th400!!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Saw you there. Sorry to see what happened, we were curious.

I had fun ice skating down the eighth. I'll go back when it's prepped to see if it hooks at all.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

thanks bro! yeah it had problems right off the trailer. wouldn't shift into second, unless i let off all the way. i tried to back pettle it the first two times then on the third run i just let it blow or go and bam!!!! she went. atleast it didn't oil the track down. lol! so i have spoke aith ATI this morning and they can build me a pretty nice th400 with a 9" stall for like around 2000.00 so with that and a shifter, cross member and a new drive shaft i'll be good to go for the middle to end of august for a return trip. as well as doing to head work and a new cam. going with a le1 setup from Lloyd. i did get one good run in my buddies 94 z28. ran an 11.33 @ 117 w/a 1.51 60' pulling both front wheels! so it wasn't a bad night. what where you racing?

http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html
Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, that car was looking good, 60-footin strongly. I stopped by the car at the end of the night and complimented a guy with a HP Factory shirt (didn't see that, my GF noticed it when the guy was in the stands) on the car's launch... if that was you, I was the 6'3" red headed huge guy

Hope to see you back out soon, tomorrow is street night again.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
Hey, that car was looking good, 60-footin strongly. I stopped by the car at the end of the night and complimented a guy with a HP Factory shirt (didn't see that, my GF noticed it when the guy was in the stands) on the car's launch... if that was you, I was the 6'3" red headed huge guy

yes i remember you stopping by. that was my friends ( ryan ) z28 that was hooking and running good. i was the one that you spoke to and wearing the HP Factory shirt. were ready to bring his car back and play with the nitrous alittle more . but mine will be down for abit . hopefully picking up the ATI th400 and converter on monday and then have to wait for the driveshaft to be made by strange after i get the trans in and measure for the shaft.

did you have your car there? and ryan remebers meeting you there a short time ago and you turned him onto ed at the HP factory. a big thanks for that dude!! we'll see you out there soon!!

chris
Old 07-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Sorry I missed your post Chris. I was there in my black '03 Cobra.

My car looked like this all night:

Apparently stock suspension with lowering springs doesn't work too well on an unprepped track. It was aggravating but I couldn't 60' to save my life. Cecil ended up being the same way the next week though.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

lol! no problem . i did see your cobra there. and your right she wouldn't hook at all. some cars where and some wern't. sweet pic too!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frost

Hey man thanks.. That was my car out there. I had talked to about a year ago and you had turned me onto ed for tuning! guy is great at what he does! hope to see you out there next time
Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh no problems; Ed is a really nice guy. Yep, you had one of the only strong 60'-ing cars out there in that heat. The track looked downright greasy!

My car has LOTS of fun on the street but is still waiting for that 4l80 swap to run down the track.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by grn95t/a
my first trip there and bang goes the 4l60e! lol! it's not really all that bad of a track. have heard bad things about it , but it was pretty laid back and a good time other than my 4l60e imploding! lol!
had to back through the pits and onto the trailer. so now comes a th400!!
Very laid back folks that operate it, cheap, and ran better than VMP..
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KONG
Very laid back folks that operate it, cheap, and ran better than VMP..
i agree! looking to get back there by the end of the month.