Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Undecided.... DEI 990 or 872? or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Undecided.... DEI 990 or 872? or wait?

I have an accomodation discount that lets me get either alarm at a very low price.... and they're very close in price afterwards. I like how the 872 comes with 2 remotes, too bad only one of them is 2-way though.

I have an M6, and the 872 is supposedly capable of remote starting without any extra modules. I like the look of the remotes of the 872 more, the 990 remote looks kinda old school. Plus I like how the LCD is integrated into the antenna, its a bit cleaner that way. But I do like how the 990 has a screen instead of just all those LEDs, but I'm thinking I'd get used to that.

What throws a curveball into the whole situation is that I'm not sure if DEI is gonna release a successor to the 990 soon or not.... anyone know how their product cycle is? Plus this offer to get a discounted alarm ends in a week.

Should I wait?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

without a doubt the 990, it has SST which gives it a mile range, the LE's arent bad alarms but the reach is very short and even the remote is really quiet. Make sure it's installed properly, otherwise neither one will be worth a damn.