Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much n20 per cylinder before TB would = 300 direct port?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much n20 per cylinder before TB would = 300 direct port?

I understand that using direct port can maximize the amount of nitorus the motor can handle due to precise amounts of n20 in each cylinder. So when spraying through a nozzle before the TB how well is the nitrous distributed compared to direct port? What ammount shot would be equivelent to the nitrous per cylinder of direct port?
Old 08-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Restricted User

Default Re: How much n20 per cylinder before TB would = 300 direct port?

There are probably many variables, exact RPM which would affect Velocity and therefore the distribution etc..BUT...
On a friends car, she ran a 100wet kit shot, changede to the NOSZLE and had 68DP Shot and ran the same numbers! Thats only one example of the difference made by balancing out distribution.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see. Im more concerned with puddleing more nitrous into one cylinder then the motor can handle.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

ya should be. with a DP it's easier to tune, but with a stock motor, i wouldnt go much over 200 if it were me. thats roughly +25 HP per cyllinder.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Restricted User

Roger that, with Wet Kit you generally wait til 3k to spray due to the weight of the mix wanting to puddle if the velocity inside the dry intake system doesnt pull it through. With a DP you can spray at lower RPM's. One concern I have with the NXL kit, or soon to be, is with many DP you have to prime the fuel system, that is turnthe pump on and get the fuel pressure up to a ready state, or when you hit the switches, it will be spraying the Nitrous, but not the fuel=Kaboom. I think with the NOSZLE as well as the NXL you shouldnt have to worry about that.

With some people spraying 200 shot of wet kits, it would take one helluva inbalance situation to give a cyl THAT much more juice. The whole point of rears get more, fronts get less due to velocity inside the intake vs weight of charge, means there is more power from same size shot when DP.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One concern I have with the NXL kit, or soon to be, is with many DP you have to prime the fuel system, that is turnthe pump on and get the fuel pressure up to a ready state, or when you hit the switches, it will be spraying the Nitrous, but not the fuel=Kaboom. I think with the NOSZLE as well as the NXL you shouldnt have to worry about that.

What do you mean? The NXL is a DP or no? At first you said that may be a problem with NXL then you said "with the NXL" you shouldnt have to worry about that.

You need to prime the fuel system with a DP? I thought fuel should be able to get there instantly maybe even quicker than the nitrous.