Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Solved the fender alignment issue...i think its common

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved the fender alignment issue...i think its common

So ever since i got my car this has bugged me. the bottom of the PS fender stuck out a bit. I read on here that a solution is to use a piece of wood and a hammer and hit it back into place (if memory serves right).

well when i did my front struts i inspected and discovered that the lip where the fender bolts to the car (with 2 bolts) was bent, because a retard tried to jack the car up from that point.

so i used my "picklefork" and bent the lip back into place. it had been pulled out and up, so i bent it down to match the other side, and kept moving it until the fender lined up right.

sorry no before pics...but if you are reading this, im sure you know what it looks like.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Yep simple fix. Every single Camaro I've ever looked at for sale, some retard tried to jack it up from there. Hell they are bent a little bit on my car too, but thank god the person who did realized it before the tore them all up.

My buddy's 94 was like that, he just took a rubber mallet and some wood to it.

Also my dads TA one side is completely broken off and the other side is beyond repair, but the fanders are still lined up right.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, you would think with it being such a common problem people would pay more attention, I guess thats why I work on my own car. Glad you were able to fix your alignment issue
Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What irked me for all the abuse my car had gotten, when I got it the fenders were still perfect. Until one time after it had been at the shop I noticed the driver side one was popped out
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Chevrolet use to put these on the cars up until 98, I think. They go right on the inside of the mount there, the holes are still there to bolt these down. I have looked everywhere but junk yards for them, with no luck. Not sure why they stoped putting them on the cars...
Attached Thumbnails Solved the fender alignment issue...i think its common-f1rp3.jpg   Solved the fender alignment issue...i think its common-f2mp4.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bburke
Chevrolet use to put these on the cars up until 98, I think. They go right on the inside of the mount there, the holes are still there to bolt these down. I have looked everywhere but junk yards for them, with no luck. Not sure why they stoped putting them on the cars...
Yep ive got them on my lt1 and love them to death. definately a life saver with the lifts...

-justin
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I bought my 95 the car had a flat tire and the guy said he would change it before I bought it (passanger side front) I noticed the fender before I bought the car and lined up perfect. 2 days later I go back (already had a feeling this was going to happen) and sure enough the bottom of the fender was sticking out. Jackass jacked it up on the fender, now I get to fix
Old 08-08-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am so glad to find this.. my passenger fender is just horrable.. i've tryed to hammer the bracket in place, its still a little retarded, but i will try on
Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

very common problem...bad thing is it actually says "do not jack here" but with road debris,etc most of them you look at, looks like it says "...jack here"...and then...
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

ah.

well what bothers me is that my car has had SFCs from day one, so why didnt they use that as a jacking point? thats what i do.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Default here's my fix.

it's not pretty but it's effective !!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Well my Passenger side is sticking out alitte at bottom. Mine has the Black Protectors. But its still bent somehow
Old 08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

yeah chevy never should of stoped putting them on there i can get a few pairs if anyone needs some just send me a pm i knew where i can get a few of them.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Helpful thread, guys. Thanks. Ive tried to bend it back with a wrench and pliers before. Didn't work too good. Hopefully your way will be better.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

i figured that was the problem with mine when i noticed they were fucked up when i removed the apparently custom body kit (had molded cutout sections to go around the bent out fenders) and saw how bent to $**t that part of the bracket was.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bburke

I have those on my car. I got them from the dealer.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

So I tried the board and BFH on mine last night. The drivers side tightened right up, but the other side broke where the plastic connects to the bracket. I might need a self-tapping screw to attach the bottom of the fender to the frame. Why there is a hole in the plastic(fiberglass?) on the underside of the fender, but not in the frame, I do not know. Anyone?

Quick Reply: Solved the fender alignment issue...i think its common