LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Spark Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Problem

I have a miss problem, it has started when it goes on the interstate. now it does it almost everytime I drive it almost quits. if u get on the interstate and go full throttle it misses bad. need help i have replaced the opti like 3000 miles ago with a gm ac delco one.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your plugs and wires. I had a couple burnt plug wires that would make my car skip at around 2000 rpms on the interstate, but it would idle and accelerate fine.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
Check your plugs and wires. I had a couple burnt plug wires that would make my car skip at around 2000 rpms on the interstate, but it would idle and accelerate fine.
+1 on checking the wires as if you have headers and those wires touch just once it can burn thru to the core and then when accelerating the wire can move closer to the header causing it to arc and this will cause the miss you are seeing. Happens alot, check both of those first. If everything looks good, have your coil and ICM checked at your local Advance or AutoZone as they can tell you if they are bad. Let us know what you find and good luck.

Quick Reply: Spark Problem