Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ebay HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay HIDs

I have had them for about a month or two with no issues.

8000k Headlighs and Fogs.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

picture of cutoff?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Launching!

Ill take some tomorrow, When i put the halo headlights i never adjusted them so they are actually pointing wayyy to low. I need to adjust them sometime.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Banned

link to the ebay HIDs
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm blind!!! Cut-off / wall photos would rock.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dabeztz28
I have had them for about a month or two with no issues.

8000k Headlighs and Fogs.

how much did they run you..got the link to the seller?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
I'm blind!!! Cut-off / wall photos would rock.
There's a reason most don't post them w/ebay HIDs.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
how much did they run you..got the link to the seller?
This I would also like to know PM me the link or seller info thanks Trevor
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are all you guys just going to go out and buy eBay HID kits and run around blinding oncoming traffic and having worse headlight output than you did stock? Just dropping some eBay HID's into your factory housings is taking the "easy/ricer" way out. Spend some extra cash and do it RIGHT... at least as right/safe as you can.

You 98+ Camaro guys actually have a great choice.. you can obtain a set of the projector headlights (Or do a true retrofit!), then buy some eBay HID's if you want. This will drastically increase your headlight performance. It will always be worth it, not just for looks/performance, but for the biggest factor... safety.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
picture of cutoff?
He put them in the stock housings. There is no cutoff. Just some wonderful glare, I can tell by the pics already. I hate passing by people on the road who put HIDs in reflector housings.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Launching!

I dont think they allow non sponsor links. They cost me $85 shiped for each pair. They come with a 1yr warranty, and the seller is located in CA, so i got them in 2 days. It great for warranty because you dont have to shipp overseas. The quality is far grater than other venders selling from china. If you want info just PM.

I knew people were gonna start putting how bad the blind poeple and how the light output wont be as high in the stock. I honestly think they are just talking out of their ***, because they read somewhere that it did. The light output is way better, and all the signs liight up at night. For the time i have had them NO ONE has ever flashed their lights at me. I honestly think the halos take care of most of the glare compared to other housings.

The pictures make the seem way brighter and more blue than what they really are. Due to the Halos the light is cutoff way more than stock housing. There is almost no glare compared to other trucks running around with their HIDs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so if you dont like them its perfectly fine. I personaly think the dual projector headlights look fugly as hell.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabeztz28
I knew people were gonna start putting how bad the blind poeple and how the light output wont be as high in the stock. I honestly think they are just talking out of their ***, because they read somewhere that it did. The light output is way better, and all the signs liight up at night. For the time i have had them NO ONE has ever flashed their lights at me. I honestly think the halos take care of most of the glare compared to other housings.
Just considering that I have first-hand experience with being blinded by HIDs in reflector housings, I think I can safely say that they do cause glare. Now I don't know how bad the glare is on the Camaro headlights, they might be better than some of these others. But typically, HID in a halogen reflector housing ends up in glare.

I don't understand the whole 'light output is less than stock' thing though. That part doesn't make sense, I agree.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Just considering that I have first-hand experience with being blinded by HIDs in reflector housings, I think I can safely say that they do cause glare. Now I don't know how bad the glare is on the Camaro headlights, they might be better than some of these others. But typically, HID in a halogen reflector housing ends up in glare.

I don't understand the whole 'light output is less than stock' thing though. That part doesn't make sense, I agree.
The glare is very minimal compared to other cars. My buddies Honda glares far worse with its large rectangular headlights. I understand that glare becomes a problem with stock headlights, but because of the size of the headlights, and the halo cutting half of the space off, its very minimal. Like i mentioned they are pointed really low and have had no issues with trafic.
If it was an issue id take them off, but for now they will stay on.

I will say that the halos suck for light output. With halogen bulbs the visibility was cut in half because the damn halo cuts right in the middle. So the HIDs helped with that.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my setup...HID low ebams and retrofitted fogs.

Oh, and in the 2 years I've had them, I've never, ever had someone flash me with their lights. I have the lowbeams angled just a bit lower than normal...I lose about 1 foot of beam, but as bright as they are...the loss is negligible.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

any pics of the light being in the car as you would see it from the driverseat at night?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet.....
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7845
any pics of the light being in the car as you would see it from the driverseat at night?
Ill try and get some pics up. I have 8000k HID fogs also. Im about to order 6000ks for my headlights off ebay as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are all you guys just going to go out and buy eBay HID kits and run around blinding oncoming traffic and having worse headlight output than you did stock? Just dropping some eBay HID's into your factory housings is taking the "easy/ricer" way out. Spend some extra cash and do it RIGHT... at least as right/safe as you can.

You 98+ Camaro guys actually have a great choice.. you can obtain a set of the projector headlights (Or do a true retrofit!), then buy some eBay HID's if you want. This will drastically increase your headlight performance. It will always be worth it, not just for looks/performance, but for the biggest factor... safety.
Really getting annoyed with you always coming in these threads and bashing the halogen reflector/HID combo. You don't even have an LS1 car to know the extent of what the combination looks like.

Let me guess, is he gonna get a $20k ticket as well?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

that's what i would do, never would i get hids without having projectors or creating a projector light
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Really getting annoyed with you always coming in these threads and bashing the halogen reflector/HID combo. You don't even have an LS1 car to know the extent of what the combination looks like.

Let me guess, is he gonna get a $20k ticket as well?
his points are valid. you are using a HID retrofit kit, in a stock housing not made in any way shape or form for projectors. I was looking at the kits and every car i see with it has tons of glare and just looks cheap and dangerous. just my 2cents.