Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wet in passenger side floor board

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wet in passenger side floor board

Everytime it rains or I wash the car my passenger side floor board gets wet. I checked the heater core and its not that. I hear that there is a drain on the passenger side that can get clogged up. It comes from the upper part of the floor board and then just runs down. Does anyone know where this drain is or how to get to it other than on the passenger side of the car?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

There is a rubber grommet where a large part of cars wiring goes into interior. It is just below ecm mount mine was doing the same thing it was coming in around this grommet. You will have to pull ecm and mount to get to it just silicone the edges and this should cure your problem.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wanna make sure thats your problem park under yoru lawn sprinkler and pull your carpet back and watch for where the water starts coming in. Stay low in the car so your neighbors dont think your a weirdo for sitting in your car under the lawn sprinkler all day!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Launching!

I've got a really funny picture in my head right now. Can you imagine what a passer by would think?