Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loctite with poly motor mounts??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loctite with poly motor mounts??

I got half way done installing the new poly motor mounts when it dawned on me that I should probably use some loctite (blue?) on the motor mount bolts.....

How likely is it for the bolts to vibrate loose?
Are you guys using any on these bolts?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

Didnt the kit come with hardware? Its been about 4 years since I did mine but no I didnt use any loctight and no problems. A lock washer or self locking nut is fine-but if you already have it it wont hurt.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

I would go ahead and use loctite. I'm going to when mine go in next week.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tillery
Didnt the kit come with hardware? Its been about 4 years since I did mine but no I didnt use any loctight and no problems. A lock washer or self locking nut is fine-but if you already have it it wont hurt.
Yes, it came with bolts, washers, and locking nuts to bolt the clam shells together.... but I was more concerned with the bolts going into the block that hold the clam shells to the motor. I just wonder if they'll end up vibrating loose without any loctite....
Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Ok those, if you do use loctite there make sure its for high temp or it will melt out from engine heat and the exhaust. Ive had no problems with mine. If anything corrosion is a factor due to dissimular metals. But you dont need to worry about it. I did mine with SLPs in and the driver side was the hardest to remove the bolts because of the heatshield studs on that side. And of course a long prying device(bar-wood-etc..)may be needed to get one of the long bolts in when you get all back together.