Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My perfect sound (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My perfect sound (vid)

I love the sound of the car in the vid but i think hes running an open cutout. Is there a catback that can get me close to this sound (i know alot of people are going to tell me to go to ls1sounds but i tried that and havent found a good sound unless its duals, and most the people put the camara right next to the tailpipe anyway so if it had a good sound you couldnt even tell lol)? I was going to run tsp duals with sweet thunders but i want to lower my car without having to worry about bumps in the road so any opinions or solutions to that problem are welcome also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4LB_UEmNl8
Old 08-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Talking the perfect exhaust

I have a longtube, ory, magnaflow catback z28 and it sounds the same. Imo cut out doesnt change the sound of the magnaflow catbacks a lot, it just makes it louder. Although it did sound a bit different when i put my cam in.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by zank28
I have a longtube, ory, magnaflow catback z28 and it sounds the same. Imo cut out doesnt change the sound of the magnaflow catbacks a lot, it just makes it louder. Although it did sound a bit different when i put my cam in.
Hmm... this is the only video of magnaflow that doesnt sound like Chewbacca. Do most videos just make them sound bad?
Old 08-16-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Hooker Lt, their cheesey ORY, 3in pipe from a Flowmaster exhaust and changed the muffler to a Magnaflow with their ugly tips. The cut out makes it sound mean as f*@k.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Medic/Z28
I have Hooker Lt, their cheesey ORY, 3in pipe from a Flowmaster exhaust and changed the muffler to a Magnaflow with their ugly tips. The cut out makes it sound mean as f*@k.
Yeah but if i got a cutout thats more money i'd have to spend
Old 08-16-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well yes. My cut out was $60 I think at a local muffler shop. Its not an electric one. I never close it, except for when I go get an inspection. It's about that time of year.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Well yes. My cut out was $60 I think at a local muffler shop. Its not an electric one. I never close it, except for when I go get an inspection. It's about that time of year.
Do the cops give you any trouble for it?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope. I got pulled over once for speeding. When I took off I dropped the hammer and he pulled me over again. I got off that one by saying it was my exhaust. I get the stare down which means **** to me. They never says crap or pull me over when I nod my head at them. They're scared of confrontation. Hold your own and you'll be okay!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:24 PM

Nope. I got pulled over once for speeding. When I took off I dropped the hammer and he pulled me over again. I got off that one by saying it was my exhaust. I get the stare down which means **** to me. They never says crap or pull me over when I nod my head at them. They're scared of confrontation. Hold your own and you'll be okay!!!
Haha. Is it high and raspy or deep and mean? Do you have it right after the y merges?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually it's right before it goes over the axle. It sounds pretty deep and mean. The cam really sounds lopey. But, things are different up there in Plano. A cut out will help with the sound. I've been thinking of TD too, but can't afford the car being any lower than it is. If I know for sure it flowed better than what I currently have, I would strongly consider it.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:38 PM

Actually it's right before it goes over the axle. It sounds pretty deep and mean. The cam really sounds lopey. But, things are different up there in Plano. A cut out will help with the sound. I've been thinking of TD too, but can't afford the car being any lower than it is. If I know for sure it flowed better than what I currently have, I would strongly consider it.

I know when youre 450+ whp the duals are worth it. Not sure about a mild car and its my DD so i decided to just go y pipe. Dont have to worry about cabin noise or scraping. Might go to duals later.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard of guys that are mildly modded says they're TDs woke up their car. Then again if they are going from stock or a poor flowing exhaust they would say that. If ground clearance is an issue like it is for me... ORY with a cut off works awesome. As soon as I fix my car it goes back to being my daily driver again.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:50 PM

I've heard of guys that are mildly modded says they're TDs woke up their car. Then again if they are going from stock or a poor flowing exhaust they would say that. If ground clearance is an issue like it is for me... ORY with a cut off works awesome.
Yeah since im not trying to sqeeze every pony out of it right now ill just go y with a cutout
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck buddy. I'm sure you'll like it.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Good luck buddy. I'm sure you'll like it.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

I will be converting to ORY into flomaster Y collector and a magnaflow cat-back. I cant wait!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BuBbABFP
I will be converting to ORY into flomaster Y collector and a magnaflow cat-back. I cant wait!
What gains would the flowmaster collector give compared to a standard ory?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Nice exhaust combo. The tone is deep and sounds very clean for having the cutout open.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by TopFlite
Nice exhaust combo. The tone is deep and sounds very clean for having the cutout open.
Thats what i thought... ive heard videos of basically the same thing and it sounds terrible. Might be their camera?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 PM

Woh did some reasearch and im defanately going to buy the flowmaster collector and have a shop fab me up a y pipe with a cutout after the flowmaster merge and a magnaflow catback. Awsome. The flowmaster merge should make it deeper and smoother while improving power. thanks guys

Last edited by Hell Yeah Its Vtec; 08-16-2008 at 09:34 PM.