Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help, car is acting up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help, car is acting up.

I have no idea what forum this belongs in. I was driving tonight and my car started idleing at like 400 rpm or going dead when I stop at stop lights, also, when I was barely on the gas cruising, it was jerking, like it was missing, or cam surging. I do have a cam, 227/227 .564 .564 114 but I have had it in for about a month and a half now. It is also seeming to run rich as hell, you can smell gas bad. Also, if I got it up into the rpm's it started acting fine, and I don't think I have broke a spring, because it sounds perfect, it also backfires alot when it does this. I ataped it and I had the misfire code that cams get and I have faulty 02 heater code on both sides. Could it be my 02's? Also, REALLY wierd is that my reverse lockout is engaged, it is hard as hell to get it into reverse, but the speedo works and is not unpluged. What could all this be? I am changing my 02's this week for preventative matienence, but could there be more things wrong?
Old 02-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Please help, car is acting up.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Blue02Ws6:
<strong> ...also, when I was barely on the gas cruising, it was jerking, like it was missing, or cam surging....It is also seeming to run rich as hell, you can smell gas bad. Also, if I got it up into the rpm's it started acting fine, and I don't think I have broke a spring, because it sounds perfect, it also backfires alot when it does this.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds a little like the problems I had recently. I got headers a couple months ago, and the header bolts loosened up causing a small exhaust leak that was big enough to throw off the O2s and make the computer add fuel when it shouldn't.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

my car is doing the same thing. I am replacing my 02s hopefully this will slove my problem. Let me know how you make out.

Marco
Old 02-09-2003, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Miles in Michigan:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Blue02Ws6:
<strong> ...also, when I was barely on the gas cruising, it was jerking, like it was missing, or cam surging....It is also seeming to run rich as hell, you can smell gas bad. Also, if I got it up into the rpm's it started acting fine, and I don't think I have broke a spring, because it sounds perfect, it also backfires alot when it does this.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds a little like the problems I had recently. I got headers a couple months ago, and the header bolts loosened up causing a small exhaust leak that was big enough to throw off the O2s and make the computer add fuel when it shouldn't. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did notice the other day that the front header bolt was half way out, and I tightened it up but did not check the others, I will do that and see if it helps. I appreciate the opinions from both of ya'll.