LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCM .bin file needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM .bin file needed

Hi Guys

I picked up a PCM off e-bay which came out of a b-body car. Unfortunately I can't get my setup to communicate with the PCM in the Firebird (hence the replacement PCM).
What I need is if anyone has a 'stock' LT1 .bin file for a '94 firebird auto that I can re-flash this b-body PCM with.

I'm using Tunercat.
Also, question for all you tuners out there, how will replacing the PCM affect the 'vats'?.

Thanks
Sara Lou
Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Ask and you shall receave. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/LT1Edit/LT1files.htm

This site should have what you need if not I can E-mail you a stock bin file.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

my file should be on that list but if not let me know I think I still have my stock LT1 formula Auto 2.73 file.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the link 'strokedz383', I looked around the site, but most of 'em look like they've had some adjustments in some way.
I need a 'totally' stock file so I can start with a 'virgin' file. If you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of your file, my e-mail is sara_lou@fastmail.us ( thats sara_lou, underscore inbetween).

I think I still have my stock LT1 formula Auto 2.73 file.
'Slagger' if you wouldn't mind sending me a copy, that sounds like its the exact file i'm lookin for.

Thanks for the help guys.
Sara Lou
Old 08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

May not have PCM bins, but check out here. The Bin Lib has much more than Bin does.

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Just e-mailed 94camaroa4stock.bin to your address above. For future ref try this site: http://www.monodax.com/forums/forums.php ' You can scan the TunerCat Files forum or use the TunerCat File Request forum.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the e-mail 'bobdec'. I took a quick look at it, but as with most on bfrankers site, its not a virgin file, someone has already changed things.

Anyway, today I pulled the PCM out of the Firebird and hooked it up to the benchtop setup I got. It read the PCM no problem, so I made a copy to save as a virgin file, and a copy which I adjusted a couple of settings on, then re-flashed it.

Its back in the car now, not driven around yet, but it started up and idled fine. I also reflashed the spare PCM with the same file so I have a backup.
Still can't get the PCM to communicate when installed in the car?, using the same data cable as I did on the benchtop, and the same laptop.

Sara Lou
Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heh Sara said virgin

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There's been a few people who's PCM seemed fine, but it wouldn't commun through the ALDL port. Do the PCMs run through the BCM for diagnostics? If so, that might be something to look into.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zralou
Anyway, today I pulled the PCM out of the Firebird and hooked it up to the benchtop setup I got. It read the PCM no problem, so I made a copy to save as a virgin file, and a copy which I adjusted a couple of settings on, then re-flashed it.

Sara Lou
Sorry just checked the thread again Glad you got it going.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for checking hun. Still gotta figure out why the PCM won't communicate when its installed in the car. I'm wondering if 'Formula350' has a point and it may be the BCM that is causing the problem.

Also gotta figure out why the fans still won't kick on. It's looking more and more like the new CTS is also bad. On one of the very few occasions I managed to get Datamaster to connect it showed the PCM was only getting a reading of 180*, but the car, at that point, was at 260* and boiling over through the overflow tank.

Sara Lou

Quick Reply: PCM .bin file needed