Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What To Get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What To Get?

Im a new ls1 owner and i was thinking about spraying my camaro what all do I need to do this (safety switches, injectors, spark pluggs...etc) . Im thinking about a 100 or 150 shot.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 AM
TECH Addict

First step is determining dry or wet, then picking the delivery system from nozzle, Plate or direct port. The choice is a function of mods you have/plan to have when you spray, as well as the fit and look you want. If your going to spray big, consider a fuel pump, if your going do larger than say 100 shot dry, consider larger injectors.

Generally
Colder Plugs, should be in the sticky's HSW compliled a excellent list, generally NKG TR-6 gapped at .035 are a popular choice.

Window Switch most all the kits say do not spray below 3000 RPM, to control this a window switch is recommended, I favor the Trick Performance digital (Nitrous Outlet or Dynotune), but the choice is yours.

FPSS some like the safety of a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, some consider it a waste of time. If it is set correctly say 45 psi, if the fuel pressure drops below 45 PSI, it will kill the nitrous system. LS1/6 are 58 PSI systems, depending on the size hit and delivery, you may see a 10 PSI drop and then the pump recovers (or not). Going lean is what kills the engine.

AFR Lean safety switch (wideband/narrow band) a Wideband Lean Safety switch is more accurate than using the factory narrowband sensors. This of course incurrs the additional cost of a wideband, but is IMHO worth the money.

Depending on where you live you may consider a heater, to get the most consistancy out of your system the bottle pressure needs to be 950-1000 psi, you can control this with an automatic heater, and a purge should the pressure get to high.

WOT Most kits come with a WOT and some window switches have them as well. this ensures the kit will only function at WOT...

Most systems are wired so that the system is active when three things occur:

1. armed (switch from Kit),
2. the engine is at WOT (switch from kit or Window Switch),
3. and the RPM is within the defined limits of the window switch.

The safety's would add the first three plus
4. Fuel Pressure within limits
5. AFR Safety would add AFR within limits (say 11-12)

Last edited by Beer99C5; 08-21-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Beer nailed just about everything there is. Next step is determining what type of system you want to go with. For your appilication a single nozzle or plate kit will be fine. Next you have to determine if you want to go wet or dry, both have their advantages and drawbacks. Do a search for Wet Vs. Dry and you will find plenty of reading that will help you determine which will suit you better.

Feel free to shoot me a pm or give us a call if you have any question
Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Call HSW and talk with those guys! They've got the best prices and have outstanding customer service! Best nitrous dealer on this site!! I've got their wet plate and love it. I may have them eventually change it to a dual dry setup in the future.