LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Master/Slave cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master/Slave cylinders

I'm going to be replacing my clutch/flywheel and didn't know of I should be replacing master and slave cylinders while i'm at it. The car has 40k on it with stock clutch. I'm doing alot of work to the motor so stock clutch won't hold, not if anything else will need replacing. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Launching!

I'm still on my factory ones with almost 200K on the clock. It isn't going to hurt anything to replace them, and its definately not a bad idea. I just chose not to without a problem being there. When I did all that, I was short on money anyway since the real reason I put a clutch in was because I had a bent shift fork when I bought the car. I just got rid of the stock clutch while I had the trans out and was putting the good stuff in it.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1z28camaro
I'm going to be replacing my clutch/flywheel and didn't know of I should be replacing master and slave cylinders while i'm at it. The car has 40k on it with stock clutch. I'm doing alot of work to the motor so stock clutch won't hold, not if anything else will need replacing. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks.
If you just pull the slave out of the way and everything works post-install, then there's really no NEED to replace the stuff. Having said that, almost every time I've replaced the clutch (4 times now!), I've ultimately had to replace the hydraulic system too.

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Teching In

i went to gmpartsdirect $130 master n slave

Quick Reply: Master/Slave cylinders