PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Got a question for you tuners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Got a question for you tuners.

Is there a way to program the computer to downshift during deceleration instead of waiting until you climb back onto the gas coming out of the corner?

I'm asking this because, I'm planning to try out roadracing w/ my stalled auto.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you thought about installing a paddle shifter? There is one company that I know of that has one for the 4l60e, but I'm not going to violate the forum rules by stating who.......but google is your friend.

You will need to change your steering wheel to something like a grant to use it though.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does EFI live have live controls that are there in Hp tuners ? There is this option where you can manipulate which gear the tranny goes in. Maybe a passenger riding shotgun . Sounds dangerous but would it work if done right ? Thinking out of the box
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything is possible to tune the trans. You have full control of ANY shift pattern. You can set it up to be only for the track at a flip of a switch using efilive. There are just a few wires to run to make it work. Flip a switch and it will use the performance tab that would have your modded TPS and shift point schedule.