View Full Version : C6 and Cobra get a taste of some LS1 power

01SuperSport
09-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Race 1
I'm headed over to a friends house minding my own business when a beautiful black on black C6 flies by me. I didn't want to race him because I didnt want to get spanked lol until I notice he kind of waits for me at the stop sign ahead of me. I figured why not and catch up. Both of us slowly move up and at about 10 mph we both punch the gas and I barely inch him to about half a car if not less til we shut down. I was soooo stoked:D

Race 2
I was taking my girl home when I noticed a dark grey cobra ahead of me and decide to provoke a race. He was in the turning lane about to go on the freeway when I pass by giving him a little rev. It works and soon enough he was behind me. I make a right turn to where we have a good straight away and he gets beside me at about 10 mph as well. He gives me the go ahead and I smash the gas. We're dead even at first but I end up putting a good car and a half on him. I try and get another race but he just kept doing the famous ricer fly by and turning to avoid me but I kept following to get another run in lol. I'm behind the guy and he just takes off and flashes his emergency lights like an idiot so I decided to call it a night. As of right now my girl is giving me the silent treatment but it was well worth it.

I am proud to say that a terminator was terminated :devil::smokin::owned:

Semper91-RS
09-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Nothing like an annoying driver who follows you around wanting another race. I really hate guys like you that do that. It's just bad form. You won, we get it. Had some jackass in a blue GTO do this recently. Otherwise, good kill.

unit213
09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
...at about 10 mph as well. He gives me the go ahead and I smash the gas. We're dead even at first but I end up putting a good car and a half on him.

The race went from 10mph to what?

necrocannibal
09-12-2008, 07:58 AM
So you are stock and beat both a C6 and a Cobra?

SonofaBish
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Nothing like an annoying driver who follows you around wanting another race. I really hate guys like you that do that. It's just bad form. You won, we get it. Had some jackass in a blue GTO do this recently. Otherwise, good kill.
Quit loosing races then..........

Good kills, but surely you can't be stock?

DiscerningZ32
09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
"stock" :nono:

unit213
09-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Did you shift your 4L60E transmission manually in this race? :lol:
Just an FYI...that "E" stands for electronic. You didn't gain 3 tenths from
shifting manually. Other factors would've reduced your ET.

I guess it can be bad downshifting but shifting the car manually shaved off .3 seconds off my track time the one time I tried it.

If I had to guess, I'd say these are the OP's mods:

MTI clear lid
SSRA
smooth bellows
ported tb
Pacesetters long tubes
!catsIf that's the case, that's plenty to beat a stock C6 and a stock Cobra.

Good kills. :thumb:

BlkZ28559
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
OP is ur car an auto or M6???

Local-heretic
09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Did you shift your 4L60E transmission manually in this race? :lol:
Just an FYI...that "E" stands for electronic. You didn't gain 3 tenths from
shifting manually. Other factors would've reduced your ET.

If I had to guess, I'd say these are the OP's mods:

MTI clear lid
SSRA
smooth bellows
ported tb
Pacesetters long tubes
!catsIf that's the case, that's plenty to beat a stock C6 and a stock Cobra.

Good kills. :thumb:

Yea, a stock LS1 right there. You know that.

stevegrizzle
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Sounds stock to me :) Modded is when you push the go baby go switch :D

JayplaySS2
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Very nice kills :chug:

LT1PwrdZ
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Sounds stock to me :) Modded is when you push the go baby go switch :D

for sure! lol

TA-Swede
09-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Race 2
I was taking my girl home when I noticed a dark grey cobra .....

Racing with a passenger? Ehhrrmm... :eyes:

InEEdSPEED
09-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Guess none of you have raced with factory freaks. Oh no guess not. Before you call bs, cobras get spanked by ls1s STOCK FOR STOCK, yeah i did it myself, c6s arent that fast, they usally spank ls1s but not always, NOT always...hint hint...

and whats wrong with racing with a passenger? when your racing your racing WITH someone, so your also endagering someone elses life anyway, dont be a hypocrite.

a 30-40 horsepower mod isnt considered "modded", i can devour people that have done shit to their car, its bout driver skill.

who cares if hes got some small ass mod, its not enough to make a diffrence.

ls1passion
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Guess none of you have raced with factory freaks. Oh no guess not. Before you call bs, cobras get spanked by ls1s STOCK FOR STOCK, yeah i did it myself, c6s arent that fast, they usally spank ls1s but not always, NOT always...hint hint...

and whats wrong with racing with a passenger? when your racing your racing WITH someone, so your also endagering someone elses life anyway, dont be a hypocrite.

a 30-40 horsepower mod isnt considered "modded", i can devour people that have done shit to their car, its bout driver skill.

who cares if hes got some small ass mod, its not enough to make a diffrence.

what!!! are u being sarcastic...........because 03 04 cobras spank the shit out of stock fbodies. lol and those vettes will waist a cobra with barely any effort. lol so even the factory freaks cant stick...by the way factory freaks are only 20hp more if that. lol

InEEdSPEED
09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
what!!! are u being sarcastic...........because 03 04 cobras spank the shit out of stock fbodies. lol and those vettes will waist a cobra with barely any effort. lol so even the factory freaks cant stick...by the way factory freaks are only 20hp more if that. lol

LMAO...i have spanked the shit out of cobras over and over...and over again with my car, and its not even fast..HAHA.

those vettes COULD...waist both...could being the word of the day bro.

factory freaks btw are not about horsepower btw...think about it..hmm

dont belive me? come ride w/ me :P

Newskool Mach
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
LMAO...i have spanked the shit out of cobras over and over...and over again with my car, and its not even fast..HAHA.

Cobras over and over? Factory freaks? You mean those factory stock cars that are 150Hp stronger than the same car. Dude I wouldn't ride with you, your smoking too much good shit.:bs:

stevegrizzle
09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
depends on whether it is a ls2 or ls3 C6.....

ls1passion
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM

lmao ok so dont tell me u gutted ur cat and also smoke vipers 2 right.................i hope u know a kb cobra can race a fbody with a driver mod and have a average driver and still hand the fbody its ass 2 it on a silver plate. even if the fbody is a factory freak.:gtfo:

JayplaySS2
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
depends on whether it is a ls2 or ls3 C6.....

Youd be surprised, they are only a few ticks faster stock. Check out CF forums for the stock LS2/LS3 guys.

We have alot of newbies

01SuperSport
09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Forgot to mention that I'm an a4, bolt-ons, and DR's. Semper91-RS I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything but the only reason why I was following him was for the simple fact that it seemed like he wanted to go again by reving and flying by me.

stevegrizzle
lmao ok so dont tell me u gutted ur cat and also smoke vipers 2 right.................i hope u know a kb cobra can race a fbody with a driver mod and have a average driver and still hand the fbody its ass 2 it on a silver plate. even if the fbody is a factory freak.:gtfo:

I beat a KB cobra with a stock motor :D ls1 intake and all :engarde:

01SuperSport
Unit213 I actually did shift it MANUALLY. I know I don't actually shift the car like an m6 car I'm not an idiot but the reason I called it that is because if I leave it in first or second the car won't go past that gear so in a way I shift it manually.

01SuperSport
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
The corvette was an ls2 and we shut down at about 90-100 mph. The race against the cobra ended at around 110-120 mph

stevegrizzle
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
do you have a gear in it?

ballhawkdawk
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM

A KB cobra? You realize that's a 600 HP car, right?

stevegrizzle
09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Youd be surprised, they are only a few ticks faster stock. Check out CF forums for the stock LS2/LS3 guys.

We have alot of newbies

From what I seen locally the ls3's are alot faster.....but I have seen ls2 vette's run mid 13's so alot is in the driver.

JayplaySS2
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
From what I seen locally the ls3's are alot faster.....but I have seen ls2 vette's run mid 13's so alot is in the driver.

Usually they are about 2-3 tenths quicker with a 2-3 mph higher traps, sometimes less. I do agree, the driver plays a bigger role. Now cammed/bolt on, they cant even be compared 90% of the time.

01SuperSport
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the congrats fellas

Irunelevens
09-13-2008, 02:04 AM

:jest: :gtfo:

JayplaySS2
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
:jest: :gtfo:

Yea, dont get me started :devil:

IvanGTStang
09-13-2008, 12:34 PM
are u sure it was an 03 cobra not the 99/01 cuz theyre is a difference jus FYI

eappwr
09-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Guess none of you have raced with factory freaks.

:gay:

:nono:

SSmokin99
09-13-2008, 01:55 PM
IneedSPEED- The 03/04 Cobra IS FASTER THAN A 98-02 F-BODY STOCK FOR STOCK NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT. I've beat a couple stock Cobra's and 1 modded one, but I know for a fact I was the better driver. Also, the modded Cobra I beat was not pullied. It had exhaust, intake and 4:10's

I8ASaleen
09-13-2008, 02:38 PM
:lol: this thread just may end epic.

DiscerningZ32
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I'll have to say is... :nono:

01SuperSport
09-13-2008, 05:56 PM
No I have the stock 3.23's and I am possitive that it was an 03/04 because of the body style. Plus I heard it screaming for help :lol:

mrbigjeep
09-13-2008, 08:09 PM
stock cobra faster than stock ls1 anyday. even if it was a "factory freak" your not outrunning one with a good driver.

FAsnakes
09-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Yea, the LS3s are considerably faster... My full exhaust tuned LS2 was just about as fast as a bone stock LS3...
A full exhaust tuned LS3 is about just as fast as a stock C6Z...

JayplaySS2
09-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Yea, the LS3s are considerably faster... My full exhaust tuned LS2 was just about as fast as a bone stock LS3...
A full exhaust tuned LS3 is about just as fast as a stock C6Z...

Search dragtimes or Corvette forums (I did it to figure out which shortblock to go with) and they are within a few tenths and few mph when they are both stock .

Compare member LS1LT1 on here with a STOCK A6 LS2,
Stock 12.21 @115.45
Now with a Vararam, 160 t-stat and some Cartek programming - 12.07@117.68 (best mph 117.91)

Here is XSTANG from CF with an 08 LS3 A6
Stock 12.4 @ 115.8
Vararam and tune 11.7 @ 121
Link to his post # 5 = http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2085520&highlight=times+ls3+a6

Stock, they are very close but modded, LS3 flow so much air they pull away with each mod, good thing LS2's can just bolt on L92 heads and intakes.:D

As far as LS3's vs LS7's, a full exhaust/cam/bolt on/tuned LS3 should stick with a C6Z (trap speed not et) but you watch Fadi's vids and let me know about that. It seems it takes ALOT to hang with the Z. I hope a TSP 402 w/ TSP L92 heads and a Pat G cam will do it though. :nod:

FAsnakes
09-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Search dragtimes or Corvette forums (I did it to figure out which shortblock to go with) and they are within a few tenths and few mph when they are both stock .

Compare member LS1LT1 on here with a STOCK A6 LS2,
Stock 12.21 @115.45
Now with a Vararam, 160 t-stat and some Cartek programming - 12.07@117.68 (best mph 117.91)

Here is XSTANG from CF with an 08 LS3 A6
Stock 12.4 @ 115.8
Vararam and tune 11.7 @ 121
Link to his post # 5 = http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2085520&highlight=times+ls3+a6

Stock, they are very close but modded, LS3 flow so much air they pull away with each mod, good thing LS2's can just bolt on L92 heads and intakes.:D

As far as LS3's vs LS7's, a full exhaust/cam/bolt on/tuned LS3 should stick with a C6Z (trap speed not et) but you watch Fadi's vids and let me know about that. It seems it takes ALOT to hang with the Z. I hope a TSP 402 w/ TSP L92 heads and a Pat G cam will do it though. :nod:
We'll i don't have any experience with any automatic trans C6s or the drag strip, my stuff is usually on the street...
As far as the MN6s go, my C6 LS2 with LG Long Tubes, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a halltech intake tuned by Charlie @ A&A would run neck and neck with a bone stock LS3...

My modded C6 LS2 = 380HP
Bone Stock LS3 = 370 -38xHP

Most likely you've seen these but i'll post them up for others to see.
Full Exhaust, Intake Tune LS2 vs intake, Tune LS3 (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/c6c6.wmv)

Bolt on LS3 vs C6Z on the Street
Bolt on LS3 vs Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/C6vs07Z06.wmv)
Bolt on LS3 vs Another Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Zme.wmv)
Bolt on LS3 vs Yet Another Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Zme.wmv)

Bolt on LS3 vs C6Z @ the Track
Bolt on LS3 vs a C6Z at the track (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyqP8Bsc04)

Most would argue that it takes a little more skill to run on a track than on the street from a roll. I'm sure track times would undoubtedly yield a greater variance of time. Frankly i wouldn't be surprised at all if you showed me a vid of a stockish civic dragging a C6Z down the track.

MrDavid
09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
I hope a TSP 402 w/ TSP L92 heads and a Pat G cam will do it though. :nod:

mmmmmmmmm, that sounds like a recipe for nastiness sir :devil:

DadsZ28
09-14-2008, 08:45 AM
01supersport....do you have and time slips with your factory freak?
I can see if you are running low to mid 12s that you might beat a stock cobra but I thought that most of them were at least that fast stock. And I wouldn't manually shift your a4, you can't shift faster then the computer and its not good for your tranny!

bunk22
09-14-2008, 10:04 AM

No kidding, the intake and heads on the LS3 flow so much more than the LS2 stock stuff. Beyond the quarter, the LS3 just takes over it seems. There is the L92 option but us LS2 guys have the FAST option as well. It's night and day with the FAST. Add a good cam/heads, power wise, probably close to a cammed only LS3.

lilbuddy1587
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm just curious to know, wtf is up with the massive influx of retards and the bs that spews out of their mouths....?

OP, you said bolt ons, DR's and a tune? Sounds like more than enough to hang with a STOCK(ish) C6 and 03/04 Cobra.

JayplaySS2
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
We'll i don't have any experience with any automatic trans C6s or the drag strip, my stuff is usually on the street...
As far as the MN6s go, my C6 LS2 with LG Long Tubes, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a halltech intake tuned by Charlie @ A&A would run neck and neck with a bone stock LS3...

My modded C6 LS2 = 380HP
Bone Stock LS3 = 370 -38xHP

Most likely you've seen these but i'll post them up for others to see.
Full Exhaust, Intake Tune LS2 vs intake, Tune LS3 (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/c6c6.wmv)

Bolt on LS3 vs C6Z on the Street
Bolt on LS3 vs Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/C6vs07Z06.wmv)
Bolt on LS3 vs Another Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Zme.wmv)
Bolt on LS3 vs Yet Another Stock C6Z (http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Zme.wmv)

Bolt on LS3 vs C6Z @ the Track
Bolt on LS3 vs a C6Z at the track (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyqP8Bsc04)

Most would argue that it takes a little more skill to run on a track than on the street from a roll. I'm sure track times would undoubtedly yield a greater variance of time. Frankly i wouldn't be surprised at all if you showed me a vid of a stockish civic dragging a C6Z down the track.

I just stuck to A6's as an example due to the consistancy of et and trap, it eliminates the driver error which is 90% of the spectrum. I would still skip the LS3 if anyone was grabbibg a C6 these days UNLESS they have large plans and found a dirt cheap LS2 (like me) and grab a C6Z. The have an 06 C6Z for $45K "buy it now" on Ebay. Im sure the LS3's are helping to bring the C6Z's down in price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-Black-Corvette-ZO6-NAV-XM-BOSE-505-hp-ALL-POWER_W0QQitemZ220280861876QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truc ksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220280861876&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

JayplaySS2
09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
mmmmmmmmm, that sounds like a recipe for nastiness sir :devil:

Thanks man, I hope so since I really hate to sell this C6 and spend an extra $17-20K for a C6Z, even though I was condiering it. If its got an LSX, we can make it run 10's. :D

JayplaySS2
09-14-2008, 12:01 PM
No kidding, the intake and heads on the LS3 flow so much more than the LS2 stock stuff. Beyond the quarter, the LS3 just takes over it seems. There is the L92 option but us LS2 guys have the FAST option as well. It's night and day with the FAST. Add a good cam/heads, power wise, probably close to a cammed only LS3.

:hijack: Sorry OP

Agreed, the biggest advantage to the LS3 heads/intake vs the cathedrals w/FAST is you get to run a less agressive cam (more street friendly) and still get the flow from the LS3's. Picking cams for the LS3's IS rocket science these days. Louis from LG did a great comparrison to the LS3 vs Cathedral heads. Maybe when FAST makes an LS3 intake, they will be even that much better with mild cams. Imagine 525-530rwhp without touching your heads on an LS3!

I hope a TSP 402/LS3 (cnc'd TSP) heads, ported LS3 intake and custom cam will make 500-510 rwhp through the A6 (still much cheaper than grabbing a C6Z at this point). This trans is amazing with an A6 tune and I hope it will take an additional 150 shot from 40 mph roll. :nod:

MrDavid
09-14-2008, 01:04 PM
:
I hope a TSP 402/LS3 (cnc'd TSP) heads, ported LS3 intake and custom cam will make 500-510 rwhp through the A6 (still much cheaper than grabbing a C6Z at this point). This trans is amazing with an A6 tune and I hope it will take an additional 150 shot from 40 mph roll. :nod:

That setup (depending on cam specs) should yeild at least 510rwhp even on an A6. What type of TB are you planning to use? And as long as you progress the 150 shot, perhaps over 1.0 second, you shouldn't have a problem with the trans.

FAsnakes
09-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I just stuck to A6's as an example due to the consistancy of et and trap, it eliminates the driver error which is 90% of the spectrum. I would still skip the LS3 if anyone was grabbibg a C6 these days UNLESS they have large plans and found a dirt cheap LS2 (like me) and grab a C6Z. The have an 06 C6Z for $45K "buy it now" on Ebay. Im sure the LS3's are helping to bring the C6Z's down in price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-Black-Corvette-ZO6-NAV-XM-BOSE-505-hp-ALL-POWER_W0QQitemZ220280861876QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truc ksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220280861876&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
:hijack: Sorry OP..
Yea, i'm with ya.. My next car will definitely be a C6Z. I'm actually considering one right now because my car is down.:bang:
Got Raped the other day!! **Pics** (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522433):ripped:

JayplaySS2
09-14-2008, 02:12 PM
:hijack: Sorry OP..
Yea, i'm with ya.. My next car will definitely be a C6Z. I'm actually considering one right now because my car is down.:bang:
Got Raped the other day!! **Pics** (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522433):ripped:

Bro, thats terrible.

ponygt65
09-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Um..wow....but good kills OP

MrDavid
09-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Holy Lawsuit Batman!!

NiteRiderWS6
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
01supersport....do you have and time slips with your factory freak?
I can see if you are running low to mid 12s that you might beat a stock cobra but I thought that most of them were at least that fast stock. And I wouldn't manually shift your a4, you can't shift faster then the computer and its not good for your tranny!

thats not true at all! you wont hurt your tranny unless you beat on it all the time, if your an a4 on a stock stall it would be dumb not to manually shift it in a roll race, trust me i know the delay on the downshift will let the car racing u put a car or two on you before you even get going as to where if you manually shift it you can get that instant take off.:nod:

NiteRiderWS6
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just curious to know, wtf is up with the massive influx of retards and the bs that spews out of their mouths....?

OP, you said bolt ons, DR's and a tune? Sounds like more than enough to hang with a STOCK(ish) C6 and 03/04 Cobra.

sounds about right thats all it took me was bolt ons to keep up with and beat stock cobras:D

JayplaySS2
09-15-2008, 06:56 AM
That setup (depending on cam specs) should yeild at least 510rwhp even on an A6. What type of TB are you planning to use? And as long as you progress the 150 shot, perhaps over 1.0 second, you shouldn't have a problem with the trans.

Thanks for the advice. I will need a progressive but Im wondering how good the C6 fuel system is, I think a 150 would still work with the stock pump w/ LS3 42 injectors. I'll have to search the Nitrous forum I guess.