Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle and surge issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Idle and surge issue

I've just added a blower, intercooler,lt headers,ory,3 inch exhaust 44lb injectors and 270gph pump. I went to a speed density tune. The car ran fine on the stock injectors. When i went to the bigger injectors the car will not idle properly(wil bounce 200-350rpm at idle) and at very little throttle it will surge. the car has started to be tuned by hptuners. Anybody got any suggestions on what to change to make this idle and run right.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you scale the injector tables for the new injectors before starting it? If not, it is extremely rich and you should not run it until you get it scaled for the new injectors... and it needs a complete tune from the sounds of it...
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Did you scale the injector tables for the new injectors before starting it? If not, it is extremely rich and you should not run it until you get it scaled for the new injectors... and it needs a complete tune from the sounds of it...
Yah that was done. When its starts to bounce the wideband will jump from 16 to 11.1. when the throttle position motor gets unplugged the rpm will rise a bit but it will hold steady at 900-1000 rpm. I'm not sure thats means anything though.