PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOOB. thinking of purchasing tuning siftware.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOOB. thinking of purchasing tuning siftware.

Well a friend and I are thinking of going halves on a tuning program. We've both looked around on our own forums. I've done some brief looking around on here. Seems like HPtuners pops up a lot for both of us when we search. So weve decided on HPtuners.
However, neither one of us have ANY experience AT ALL with tuning software. We've both thought about simply buying a handheld (like diablosport, hypertech, etc.). But we both know that actual tuning software can do A LOT more. We are simple worried that if we buy this, we wont have any idea how to use it and either not use it or blow up our motors.
So basically are there any tutorials or "instructions" on how to "tune" a car? Do HPtuner packages come with anything like that? Also, wideband sensors. Whats up with them?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

I am in the exact same situation. A buddy and I are going to do motor builds at the same time and want to split the cost of the tuning software...any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

You need to buy HPTuners Pro. / atleast a LC-1 Wideband (I recommend the LM-1 or LM-2), and sign up for thetuningschool.com learn @ home program. <------Its the *****! You could always go half on them? I wish I could find someone who wants to go half on the learn @ home program myself. Anyhow...

Your going to find out real quick if you buy the hardware/software expecting to learn online by reading 4 year old "How to tune manuals" or get immediate answer to your questions...your going to get discouraged and be ready to sell the ****! Though there is a forum there is not the amount of hand holding you are going to need/want as a noob. I AM RIGHT THERE, IT JUST DOESN"T HAPPEN!

Recommend immediately : www.thetuningschool.com Learn @ home program.