LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AES Racing - Whats the go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AES Racing - Whats the go?

This is more of an open discussion for customers (satisfied or unsatisfied) of AES Racing, and hopefully AES Racing will also have something to share.

I've spent some money with AES Racing and while I found the experience good (good communication and service), since recommending them to friends I've heard of nothing but ****. Delays of several months, poor (or no) communication, no return calls, emails, endless excuses.

This upsets me as I've recommended AES Racing to my friends, and there are at least 4 of my friends who are either currently getting dicked-around with delays (3 months+) for things that really shouldn't have any delays, or are finally getting results significantly after when they expected them to.

I'm not the kind of person to have unrealistic expectations of people. I know people can be busy and delays can happen, but months with no communication is outright unacceptable.

As phone, email and PM are seemingly unworkable forms of communication, I'm hoping a public thread will spark some more interest into fixing these issues with previously satisfied customers as I'm certainly not in a position to recommend AES to anyone given the current trend.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Little update. AES still haven't responded to me, but they have responded to one of my friends and sent the basic items he paid for over 4 months ago. Finally a result, but too little too late as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure this will influence his decision to buy from them in the future.

Also I've received this PM from another forum member. I'm sure there's more disappointed people that haven't spoken up yet.

not sure why I cannot comment on the post you made in the sponsor feedback but when I got my motor from them I believe fraser was still there or transitioning out at the time.

When I called, I always got an answer or a call back within an hour or so. It was usually brian who was happy to just sit an talk. I guess it was easier since I bought in the off season.

I asked for things to be a certain way, and got what I wanted other than the desired compression ratio was 9:3 instead of 9:7 but owell right.

well i get my motor which is gorgeous iron block 390 painted with double roller, diamond pistons, half inch studs, ls9 gaskets, blower cam, valley cover, PRC heads, springs and pretty much the full longblock with the degreed cam ready to go.

I was happy as could be with the serivce...

so I....Like you recommended people to them.

And those people have gone to them and placed orders

and like you said they have went off the deepend man. no contact with them.... I mean were talking about people sending them 4-10k dollars that arent getting feedback and when they call THEM they feel like they are bothering them

im glad that was not my experience but if it had been I would have gotten a refund

if i could do it over again I would have gotten an engine from TSP ERL or Virginia Speed or LME a 427 6 bolt shortblock for what I paid for this longblock. it was still a good deal and the motors are holding up except for yours.
Would be great to hear if AES are aware of this major problem with their own process, if they care, or if they intend on fixing things to repair the poor reputation they've caused.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Teching In

I spoke with Mike today about my 390 build. They've been waiting on parts. The Callies cranks have been on backorder, but should be arriving soon. He also mentioned that Brian has been running ragged between the dyno and the shop. When he told me how many orders they get daily, it's understandable how difficult it is to get to everyone's inquiries. I have no doubt the end result will be outstanding. I don't think backordered parts should have any affect on their reputation, and thus far am satisfied with them.

Last edited by drburns; 04-11-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had a problem (2 years ago) but that was when Frazier worked there; he was awesome. Where did he transition to?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Just for the record, AES Sponsors my car and builds my engine, and no they don't do it for free completely. And I'm not sticking up for them just because they help me out, But I would like to give an example on how they deal with me. Beginning of the year, Mike asked what we were doing, and I explained to him let me know what the parts are going to cost me and I wil bring money so they can order all that is needed. Mike said to me exactly this, I'm not going to start the machine work until you know what you want to do for sure. I called him a week after he gave me the quote on parts, and gave him the go ahead. I also Mentioned to him I needed my motor by this date. Sure enough it was ready a week early. Just goes to show AES is not going to start on someones engine with out a verbal or written agreement. And I'm a sponsored car on top of it. So if you gave him the go ahead in the first place then called it off cause things came up, then admit to it. Don't say they just started on your motor for no reason and you never gave them the OK. Just fess up cause most machine shops have better things to do than to start on customers build without getting the OK, Cause believe me, I live right down the street from them and stop by Frequently, Believe me they have enough work to keep them Busy for years. I"ve learned in the past years to be honest with them and they will completely understand and work something out with you. They did for me when I couldn't afford something.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On any used or damaged engine we give a rough quote over the phone then when it gets here before any machine work is performed other then a tear down and inspection we give a full detailed quote in which he got. That is how almost any shop works on that type of job its so hard to estimate on something you havent seen. I know there was extra stuff added after he was here like studs and some additional head work. We give a full estimate on the engine based on what we suggest to do or any options that we think would be benefical to the build. We Like to give these options and suggestions so that if your ever questioned on it you can say you at least suggested it.

As for the call backs this customer was called back plenty of times and comunicated with in the last couple weeks. We are currently in the process of trying to resolve this issue with the customer.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Hopefully you guys will resolve this without the lawyers. Nobody wins that way; might as well throw your money out the window. The only one that benefits is the lawyer. Now get my motor done!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

87Silverbullet,

If you have "no dog in this fight" don't comment either way. This section is not intended for jumping in as an unrelated 3rd party to give feedback good or bad. I have removed your post from this thread.

-admin
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AES is the best out there! It's race season and things always back up this time of year. I would never have anyone else touch my engines. Can't rush perfection.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Teching In

So here's an update about my new 390 that demonstrates the exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction that AES represents:

My short block was shipped out on 5/3 and due to arrive at ECS on 5/7. The freight company lost the engine for about 5 days. No one could give myself or Mike at AES a straight answer where it was or wtf happened. After a series of frustrating phone calls with the freight company from both of us, Mike called me and said they had already started building me a new engine and were going to handle the insurance claim on their end. That really gave me a sense of relief despite the fact that the engine was missing and my money could be lost.

Low and behold, the original engine was eventually located in the freight warehouse yesterday and is now on the way. I think that was a really stand up move on AES' part to take it upon themselves without my request and without hesitation to just get another motor started to keep me on schedule. Granted, I will rest easier once the engine is actually here in my hands, but at least I know AES has my back if there are any issues. Hats off to AES!

Quick Reply: AES Racing - Whats the go?