LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New pics of my '06 Grand Prix GXP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New pics of my '06 Grand Prix GXP

Took my car to the local Cars & Coffee show and took some pics. I spent awhile cleaning the wheels (including the insides) so I'm really satisfied with these pics!

Next to my friend Craig's SS
Old 07-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, I love that color.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice pics man!! Is this machine waxed!? It sure does look like it.......
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

It could actually use some wax I think! I'm not used to owning a dark metallic car, and I can see some ghosts of water spots I can't rub out when I spray it with Eagle One quick detailer, so I assume that means that it could use some wax.

Or maybe it just means I need to use more soap when I wash it. I'm really not sure.

I waxed it in ~March and that was the only time. Maybe it's due. It sure is a pain to get the wax out of the rubber around the door handles though...

All I can say is that this color looks outstanding, I'm so happy to have bought it last January, and so happy to have it in my garage.

For anyone who thinks 4-door cars suck... think again. I like to drive this car much more than my mom's SS and my sister's Z28. It's much better for dates, everyday driving, parking, and hell... the thing doesn't even get door dings like the Camaros are a magnet for.

I still want to get a '97 Z28, but not as a replacement. Just an addition. Sometimes you need something sexier than everything else at the car show with some rear wheel drive excitement!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

i think i have that same color is it the metalic stealth gray the really dark windows are throwing me off
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Nice. I have the same color, and will be tinting the windows pretty dark soon. It's nice to get a little preview of what it will look like, though mine's rarely that clean.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

yeah i dont have tint on my windows either but im still not sure thats the stealth grey yet maybe its the sun light that makes it look darker
Old 07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep! It's stealth gray. It seems to be a pretty common color for Grand Prixs, but I think that's because it's the best color they came in! I always refer to it as stealth teal, though in certain light it does appear more gray.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

color is very appealing and the gp gxp is probably one of the coolest looking four door cars ever made although i do wish pontiac would have made a two door version of the gxp
Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great pics! I wish my paint was as nice as yours, and my wheels were as shiny. I think I see a Ferrari F430 in front of your car there.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
color is very appealing and the gp gxp is probably one of the coolest looking four door cars ever made although i do wish pontiac would have made a two door version of the gxp
I agree on both parts. I used to occasionally get the base model GP as a rent car, and I always loved it. When I saw this one for sale at the local Pontiac dealership, I had to have it!

The only other sedan that looks even close to as good is one of the current Audis. I suppose S6 or S4. I really don't know the Audis very well.

Originally Posted by texasGXP08
Great pics! I wish my paint was as nice as yours, and my wheels were as shiny. I think I see a Ferrari F430 in front of your car there.
Those wheels took awhile to clean up, but were fairly simple. I just used Palmolive dish soap with water and a sponge and went at them. I wore rubber gloves to keep all the brake dust off my hands though. Then I hosed them off. Chrome sure cleans a lot easier than painted wheels!

The F430 was the Scuderia type. It was really cool, but I didn't think it was appealing in white. There were about 250 cars there that day, but I stayed fairly late, and was one of the last 30 I suppose.

I'm not sure if many people even looked at my car, but I imagine, just like me, they ignored some of the other sedan-like cars there, like the Acuras, Nissans, Infinitis, etc.

The Saleen S7 behind me got a lot of attention, so I am sure my car showed up in more than just a few pictures LOL.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would the front bumper and front fenders of a gxp bolt on a 04 gtp?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Clean ride man!

Quick Reply: New pics of my '06 Grand Prix GXP