LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

im done

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im done

why is there little choices as far as mods go for these cars? the platform and drivetrain for these cars HORRIBLE
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Get a mustang then, and never be done

Last edited by DavidGXP; 04-13-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol...im considering either a mustang gt, charger or challenger rt. cheaper to mod and wayyyy better aftermarket parts
Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Should have researched the car more prior to buying.

But, there are plenty of mods to do. LS6 intake, DT Headers, rockers/springs, cam, TEP tranny, Cartuning turbo kit. The main drawback is FWD.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

I like the Charger. I saw a Horse power tv eposide where they modded a police car. They added a cold air intake, headers/full exhaust and tuned it. only put down 270 something hp.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Chargers/Challengers are nice, but heavy as ****. I do like real wheel drive though lol
Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

My next car will be a low mileage WS6. The're still out there!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSCoop
why is there little choices as far as mods go for these cars?
Because 99% of owners of these cars will never mod them. Let's face it, the average age of owner of a w-body is probably about 50. It's a losing proposition for companies to make parts. I'm 40 and have no major plans for this car.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

quitters never win!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Go ahead...buy you a challenger r/t....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuf5qbcjRg
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

its costs to be different
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these montes/impalas/grand prix have been taken away from their herritage. they were ALL rwd. for it being fwd its decent but imagine if they were rwd they would be so much better performance wise. i literally hate GM for destroying such great cars.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

For what its worth, them old school cars never ran high 13's, got 20+mpg, had the reliability, handling and braking, or comfort that the new W-bodys have. I'm an old school car guy, and I know that it doesn't take much to get those cars go. They have tons of aftermarket support, but they have also been around for much longer then our newer cars. GM did kill RWD and I'm disappointed too. I'd love it if my car was RWD but it rocks as a FWD! Chrysler isn' selling too many RWD cars, and ford only has the GT, and Mustang. GM, has the Corvette, CTV, G8 (replaced the Grandprix so they tried) GTO, Solstice, Camaro, SSR (Truck?) and the new Impala. maybe, a G8 clone. Don't hate on GM to much now, there still making cool cars. Your car is not slow by any means, and is responsive to mods once you start bolting on headers and a Intake manifold. We do have LS6 heads and with 1.8 rockers, a good cam. You could even go the turbo route if you have the $$$ and nothing would touch you once you hook up. I just ran a 0-60 in 5.0 sec. with simple bolt ons, and I still have a lot more to do. Being FWD has it's limitations but it also has it's advantages. I'm sorry to hear about your regrets and complaints, I have them too. Good luck if you choose to move on.

Last edited by DavidGXP; 04-14-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
For what its worth them old school cars never ran high 13's, got 20+mpg,had the reliability, handling and braking, or comfort that the new W-bodys have. I'm an old school car guy and I know that it doesn't take much to get those cars go. They have tons of aftermarket support but they have also been around for much longer then our newer cars. GM did kill RWD and I'm disappointed too. I'd love it if my car was RWD but it rocks as a FWD! Chrysler isn' selling to many RWD cars, and ford only has the GT and Mustang. GM has the Corvette, CTV, G8 (replaced the Grandprix so they tried) GTO, Solstice, Camaro, SSR (Truck?) and the new Impala maybe a G8 clone. Don't hate on GM to much now. There still making cool cars. Your car is not slow by any means and is responsive to mods once you start bolting on headers and a Intake manifold. We do have LS6 heads and with 1.8 rockers a good cam. You could even go the turbo route if you have the $ and nothing would touch you once you hoo up. I just ran a 0-60 in 5.0 sec. with simple bolt ons and I still have a lot more to do. Being FWD has it's limitations but it also has it;s advantages. I'm sorry to hear about your regrets and complaints, I have them too. Good luck if you choose to move on.
+1 for the most part!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
For what its worth them old school cars never ran high 13's, got 20+mpg,had the reliability, handling and braking, or comfort that the new W-bodys have. I'm an old school car guy and I know that it doesn't take much to get those cars go. They have tons of aftermarket support but they have also been around for much longer then our newer cars. GM did kill RWD and I'm disappointed too. I'd love it if my car was RWD but it rocks as a FWD! Chrysler isn' selling to many RWD cars, and ford only has the GT and Mustang. GM has the Corvette, CTV, G8 (replaced the Grandprix so they tried) GTO, Solstice, Camaro, SSR (Truck?) and the new Impala maybe a G8 clone. Don't hate on GM to much now. There still making cool cars. Your car is not slow by any means and is responsive to mods once you start bolting on headers and a Intake manifold. We do have LS6 heads and with 1.8 rockers a good cam. You could even go the turbo route if you have the $ and nothing would touch you once you hoo up. I just ran a 0-60 in 5.0 sec. with simple bolt ons and I still have a lot more to do. Being FWD has it's limitations but it also has it;s advantages. I'm sorry to hear about your regrets and complaints, I have them too. Good luck if you choose to move on.
Well said.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these cars can run i will give them that. i guess im just pissed that they are FWD.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSCoop
these cars can run i will give them that. i guess im just pissed that they are FWD.
it happens hahaha i know it does to me, lucky i have a rwd toy also. I like the ls4s just cause of how much of a freak car it is, V8 fwd now thats just stupid and i like it. It takes a good driver to launch these cars, its not a car that you can just jump in and get used to, you really have to feel them out and i like that too. I've never had another fwd launch even close to me, i even out lanuch some rwd's too.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

very true but still these cars should b rwd. they would b such a better car. idk wat gm was thinking u take these sporty/muscle car classics and turn them into fwd like they are honda's or something
Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV8
it happens hahaha i know it does to me, lucky i have a rwd toy also. I like the ls4s just cause of how much of a freak car it is, V8 fwd now thats just stupid and i like it. It takes a good driver to launch these cars, its not a car that you can just jump in and get used to, you really have to feel them out and i like that too. I've never had another fwd launch even close to me, i even out lanuch some rwd's too.
Yep. nothing FWD will touch these cars if we hook. unless its a forced induction car.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

davidgxp wit the mods u got, u got to b at low 13's high 12's