LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Programming remote start key fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming remote start key fob

Het guys I have a stock key fob that needs to be programed. I tried searching and found 1 way people suggested but did not work to get the car in program mode. If anybody knows how to get to program the stock remote start key fobs that would be appreciated. Thanks jeff
Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

nobody?? somebodys gotta know somthing about these?? lol
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Page 192/3 of you Owner's Manual:

Remote Key

To access this display, the vehicle must be in
PARK (P). This display allows you to match the
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter to
your vehicle. To match an RKE transmitter to your
vehicle, do the following:

1. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS (Check Mark) TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY
displays.

2. Press the set/reset button.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING
ACTIVE will display.

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons
on the first transmitter at the same time for
about 15 seconds.

A chime will sound indicating that the
transmitter is matched.

4. To match additional transmitters at this time,
repeat Step 3.

Each vehicle can have a maximum of
eight transmitters matched to it.

5. To exit the programming mode, you must
cycle the key to OFF.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

Ok well I did try this method and theres nothing like that on my information screen. I looked all over the manual and the pages you gave didnt match mine, so i looked all over and it says contact your deal to program them. So anybody know the "secret"? Pleasse Jeff
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And at this point all I can say is .....

wow

What car do you have???
Look in the back of your manual???
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

What kind of car do you own?? If it is a pontiac gxp then the Dealer is the only way they can be programmed. Been there done that............
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Yea an 07 gxp. How much that rape you for doing it? Discount for multiples?? Lol thanks jeff
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Did yours go out or some? I have a 07 gxp and mine stopped working several months ago, and I end fixing mine.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 badd gxp
Did yours go out or some? I have a 07 gxp and mine stopped working several months ago, and I end fixing mine.

How did u fix yours? Mine just stopped about a week ago? Bring it to the dealer?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Staging Lane

Well the first fix I open my remote up and found one of the three prongs around the battery had come loose on both remotes, so soldered it back together. It work fine for a while, then the lock button and auto start button stopped working on one remote. I just stopped using that one and started using the spare, and it wasn't maybe a month or two the same two buttons stop working. After months of having a remote start with no remote a couple days ago i decided to check them out again. I got a piece aluminum foil, took the remote apart with the rubber buttons off, I used the foil to see if the rubber button were making good contact with the remote. With the foil I could get the lock button to work, tried on the auto start button and got my lights to flash. So I cut me some pieces of foil out in the shape of the rubber bottons and super glued it to the back of the buttons and both of my remotes are working great.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Well the first fix I open my remote up and found one of the three prongs around the battery had come loose on both remotes, so soldered it back together. It work fine for a while, then the lock button and auto start button stopped working on one remote. I just stopped using that one and started using the spare, and it wasn't maybe a month or two the same two buttons stop working. After months of having a remote start with no remote a couple days ago i decided to check them out again. I got a piece aluminum foil, took the remote apart with the rubber buttons off, I used the foil to see if the rubber button were making good contact with the remote. With the foil I could get the lock button to work, tried on the auto start button and got my lights to flash. So I cut me some pieces of foil out in the shape of the rubber bottons and super glued it to the back of the buttons and both of my remotes are working great.

Mine started doing the exact same thing but the battery *prong* is still looks in good order I will try the tinfoil/glue trick when I get my car back.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by plmrass
Yea an 07 gxp. How much that rape you for doing it? Discount for multiples?? Lol thanks jeff
I think they charged me an hour labor or 75.00. Make sure you bring both fobs with you because the tech 2 will give the fobs a new digital key so all other fobs will be rendered useless.....
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I kinda got my other one working so right now I have 2 and a half. Lol well I would hope they do all 3 then for 75 hour charge for 15 mins of work.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

OMG, Aluminum Foil and Krazy Glue have never made one man so happy. REMOTE START LIVES!!!! It is 14 degrees right now and I am so psyched about not getting into a cold car tomorrow. THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Launching!

I just did the same thing today. Bought an 08 GXP last thursday and the key fob wasn't working right. New battery didn't make a difference. So, I took it apart and used a paper clip to short the traces and worked like a charm. I took some foil tape and covered the two buttons that were causing my problems (lock and remote start). Works great!!

I went ahead and ordered a new button replacement from here just because I don't want the foil rubbing off or damaging the board.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad has an 08 GXP. I read this and suggested this to him as he was having the same problems you guys were having with the key FOB not working.
He just called me back ranting and raving about how well it worked. He was amazed that a little tin foil fixed a problem that was going to cost $75.00+ to fix at a dealer.
Thanks for the info guys...made my fathers day and kept some cash in his wallet.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Default Key fob

I have a 06 gp gxp and have tried to program key fob with tech ll and it fails everytime I don't know what the deal is
Old 01-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Default Key fob

B3101 keyless entry data link circuit range/ performance
P1101
P0171
Those are the codes it threw

Quick Reply: Programming remote start key fob