LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

im at a loss.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default im at a loss.

so i have been reading the intake swap thread for months and im swapping it out next weekend but i am still at a loss for that needs to be done to the dod connector? i have yet to get in there and im sure i would realize the problem when i do but want to have this as planed out as i can
Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

there is a sticky for this. Its been so long i cant remember what i had to do lol
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...ap-sticky.html
Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to keep the DOD functional, then you will have to remove the DOD connecter from the tray for trimming. The ECM, to the DOD connecter, connection, needs to be extended. The DOD connector is too thick, and needs to be cut as far back as possible. (exposing the terminals) This wil allow the bulk of the connector to be replaced by wires that will be soldered. Use heat shrink to secure soldered connections.
Follow the sticky for pics.

If you do not plan on using DOD, then remove the connector, and plug the hole in the tray.
You can weld the hole shut, or use a little JB weld and a flat.. thin.. round.. piece of metal to plug the hole.

You will find that the Connector is too thick and will interfer with the bottom of the intake inlet. This is why the connector needs to be removed, or moddified.

Good luck!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Give yourself plenty of time to perform the swap. Don't rush anything and be smart when re-installing. Awareness!
Everything is in the sticky so be sure to read through all pages.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool so it sounds like it just mainly making it longer, i have the dod turned off but would like to keep in functional just for the hell of it
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

just so you know. While DOD is a great feature and certainly saves a lot of gas. The DOD lifters aren't up for the increased engine load. Especially when you are talking about an intake swap cause that will gain you some serious power.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

you worry too much lol,

i know the lifter suck *** but i doubt it that big of a gain, after the first of the year a dod delete kit is gonna be in order along with some new roller rockers, any problems with the roller rockers not clearing the stock valve covers?

what kind of numbers can be expected from a ls1 intake and catless down pipe after the retune she is stitting at 250/277 right now

Last edited by vroom_vroom; 09-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
you worry too much lol,

i know the lifter suck *** but i doubt it that big of a gain, after the first of the year a dod delete kit is gonna be in order along with some new roller rockers, any problems with the roller rockers not clearing the stock valve covers?

what kind of numbers can be expected from a ls1 intake and catless down pipe after the retune she is stitting at 250/277 right now
Roller rockers will clear just fine. As for power, I would say 275/300@peak
The gains will be across the band

I put down 277/299 with number 4 injector unplugged. Mods at the time were, LS1 intake, 1.8 rockers, CAI, Hogan catted down pipe, and Magnaflow exhaust. I was Lew tuned at the time and the connector popped off when the dyno operator hooked up his equipment.