GM's new competition against Dodge and Ford

Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to SSCoop Send a message via Yahoo to SSCoop
Default GM's new competition against Dodge and Ford

What do you guys think? http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...rolet-ss-sedan

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
SSCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
TECH Addict
2002 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 15

That rendering is way off.

Like usual, R&T has it wrong.
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big *** Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Looks like a cross between the cts and impala. I personally like how it looks
BlackImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

I dont know why GM is calling this an SS....when there already is a Camaro SS. Hopefully the production one will be loaded with SS emblems. Bottom line, looks like a new impala...so call it an impala ss
straitchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

I'm having mixed feelings about it. It looks good and I'm glad it's a RWD v8 sedan but it doesn't look aggressive at all. Looks like a Malibu with some of the Camaro styling

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
2011 BMW 5-Series
My Garage

That rendering is somewhat close, except for the front and rear facias and the camaro wheels. You can see the G8 roots in the c pillar. The only reason it will be called the SS I'd because it's only going to come with 1 engine option being the full fat v8. Whether it will be the tried and true 6.2 or the new DI 5.5 is unclear at this point, but I'm leaning toward the 6.2 for legality reasons.

I'm happy that the car will exist, as I will most likely snag one up at some point, but the whole idea and reasons behind this car make no fiscal sense to me. They did it almost exclusively so the Chevy nascars have a cool new body instead of the next impala which is destined to be boring.

I'm looking at it as an updated Camaro with 4 doors and better visibility. Only problem is a used CTS-V should be in the same price category when they finally go to dealers. And a used G8 GT will be much cheaper, and a GXP if you can find one should be between there somewhere.

2006 Impala Super Sport...K&N CAI, Super 44's, Superchips tune, Bilstein HDs struts, SSC lowering springs, DR STB's, Camaro SS 14" Brembo's, C5 12" rears, iPad head unit with digital optical to an Audison Bit One, 2x Audison Voce Quattro's, Audison Thesis Uno, 2x JL Audio 10w7's, Hertz Mille 3-ways
V8ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ImpSS View Post
That rendering is somewhat close, except for the front and rear facias and the camaro wheels. You can see the G8 roots in the c pillar. The only reason it will be called the SS I'd because it's only going to come with 1 engine option being the full fat v8. Whether it will be the tried and true 6.2 or the new DI 5.5 is unclear at this point, but I'm leaning toward the 6.2 for legality reasons.

I'm happy that the car will exist, as I will most likely snag one up at some point, but the whole idea and reasons behind this car make no fiscal sense to me. They did it almost exclusively so the Chevy nascars have a cool new body instead of the next impala which is destined to be boring.

I'm looking at it as an updated Camaro with 4 doors and better visibility. Only problem is a used CTS-V should be in the same price category when they finally go to dealers. And a used G8 GT will be much cheaper, and a GXP if you can find one should be between there somewhere.

I wonder why Chevy would make this car but still keep the Impala FWD an add a turbo 4cylinder and new 3.6 v6. I like kinda like the new look of the Impala (you would have to see it up close to appreciate it). I just wish they made it a RWD sedan with a better transmission hooked up to a monster v8. But then again I mostly see a lot of elder people driving Impalas out here on south jersey, so I guess they really don't care too much for performance.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6
Send a message via ICQ to HioSSilver

Be nice if they would make a Z11 with the lsa in it!
'99 SS Camaro #3789 6m hard top, crate ls6
new #'s 417whp 395wtq on a Dyno Dynamics
new best 10.9 @ 129 n/a

Terminated Notch super swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07gt View Post
Hio is actually right
HioSSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006impala, 55, battle, blacked, combing, competitor, di, dodge, ford, general, gm, ls4, motors, red, ss, v8