LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

who had the 700HP Monte Carlo SS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Oh, yeah - almost forgot the '02 will be RWD.
This is something I would definitely want to see. I like this idea even better, what should be a FWD V6 supercharged and it turns out to be a RWD V8 beast. What engine would you throw in it?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 conversion

My first thought would be the LS7 or the new LS9. By the time I have a drive train figured out the LS9 would probably be the choice due to the availability of parts and I am sure technology improvements over the next couple years. I would like a Tremec behind it probably the 5 speed or a re-geared 6 speed with a 12 bolt or Dana in the back. All just ideas right now. My current car was an idea 6 years ago and now it is a reality and this will be also but I would like to enjoy this car for a bit before I get into the next. But you know how the itch goes, gotta be doing something to keep the faith.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Teching In

I want your bank roll.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default The next journey

Well guys my next project has begun. It's an '06 Monte like my '07 the biggest difference is; this will be a real RWD. The preliminaries are as follows:
Will have a Morrison Chassis, Transparent Smoke in color 3 piece Forgeline Wheels, 4L85E, Dart Block, MPD Cowl Hood, M/T tires, Final CID 454, Ford 9" with Strange Axles. Full cage, Dakota gauges - Whipple supercharger, etc. Literally just started this a few weeks ago and for the except of the car the only thing that has happened are discussions with all the manufacturers so the right parts can be configured and ordered. The final color will be the '02 Navy Blue Metallic 353 E. There has been a lot of discussion about other issues, like electrical, programming, cooling and more details that will show up in pictures as this project progresses. I guess this should give everyone an idea about what I am about to do. If anyone cares to know my last project did end up in GM High Tech Mag - March issue 2014 pages 16 to 20 - it is on their website as well. Will update my post as time goes on.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

My hand will patiently be waiting on my zipper for this to be finished.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow bro that thing is awesome What kind of torque converter did u end up with and who built the wheels??
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Hughes built the torque converter. It is a billet one, all the internals are custom to my application. I destroyed the first one and had to go to billet to handle the torque. My flexplate is a one piece 6 point attachment billet one by Meizere. My wheels are stock using pressed in machined hub rings widened by Weldcraft with OMF beadlocks on the front.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I read the article on it in gm high tech...you put us on the map man I went to a speed shop in tuscon and for the first time when I said LS4 they knew what I was referring too. Even though they knew you had a custom dart block. Congrats on the ride man would really like to get some more of the custom balancers made. For a groub buy or something.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Epic job! Congrats!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default Damper

91parkave: The guys from BHJ were really easy to work with. They made me 2 dampers and I sold one. I worked with one of their engineers originally who lives in Michigan before I had mine made; he lived about 200 miles from me and I went right to his house where he designed my damper specifically for my motor. I am sure it would work on any LS4. You should give them a call, mention my job he did and I am sure they would be happy to help out. Ask for Chris Ouellette - if I remember correctly he was the customer service rep. I did deal directly with the owner Brian Clark for my job - and that was only because of the nature of the application and something they had not made yet. They have experience now so any future dampers should not be an issue. Please keep in mind you will have to supply him with the OEM damper because he does retain the original center hub and he makes everything else.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Heavyft: I appreciate the congrats - thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camyers720
it may put down some serious power but how much of it actually gets to the ground? Our w-body's have an issue with traction as it is. If i had the money i would do a "crazy" build but i would keep it as a street car since you can not get the 4t65 1" chain anymore so tranny builds are limited to 450-550hp abuse.
cartuning performance sells a 15/16 chain witch is very close to 1"
Old 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Post A real RWD

Well it's been a little time but my Morrison Chassis has been delivered to the shop. A lot of parts are on order with a lot of them already delivered. I have changed the tranny I was going to use from a 4L85E to an Allison. The Allison can handle 1500 ft/lbs of torque, the 4L85E can not - just have to figure out what converter to use seeing the Allison is a diesel trans (not positive but I think the Allison is behind the 8.1L Diesel in Chevy trucks), waiting now to hear from Allison in regards to adapting it to a gas motor. I do know first gear in the Allison will be 3:22 and in the back I am either going to have a 3:55 or 3:73 - at least that is what all the math tells me I will need and still be able to cruise on the highway at 70 MPH at around 2500 RPM or less. The 9" Ford will have its compliment of Strange Axles, gears and bearings. My 4.25 (454CID) bore tall deck RHS Aluminum Block is in, the rotating assembly most of it is here. The Callies crank will take a few more weeks. The heads are being made now as I write this. There are pictures of my chassis and the 9" Ford and the front rack and pinion on the 'montecarloforum'. The donor car is pictured as well and a few other parts that were delivered a few weeks ago. I should have a partial build sheet in a day or so - and I will know then exactly what parts are in. I am going to have Eric at MPD make a cowl hood for me - we have talked and I have some drawings. As soon as I mock up the block and Whipple supercharger I will know then how much rise I will need in the hood. You'll see the donor car is red - I am painting it '02 Monte Carlo Dark Blue Metallic - the color of the original car I was going to use as a donor but the family had other ideas on that car so I had to find another - nothing paint won't fix. As I get more - I will again update. Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 05:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well it's been a little time but my Morrison Chassis has been delivered to the shop. A lot of parts are on order with a lot of them already delivered. I have changed the tranny I was going to use from a 4L85E to an Allison. The Allison can handle 1500 ft/lbs of torque, the 4L85E can not - just have to figure out what converter to use seeing the Allison is a diesel trans (not positive but I think the Allison is behind the 8.1L Diesel in Chevy trucks), waiting now to hear from Allison in regards to adapting it to a gas motor. I do know first gear in the Allison will be 3:22 and in the back I am either going to have a 3:55 or 3:73 - at least that is what all the math tells me I will need and still be able to cruise on the highway at 70 MPH at around 2500 RPM or less. The 9" Ford will have its compliment of Strange Axles, gears and bearings. My 4.25 (454CID) bore tall deck RHS Aluminum Block is in, the rotating assembly most of it is here. The Callies crank will take a few more weeks. The heads are being made now as I write this. There are pictures of my chassis and the 9" Ford and the front rack and pinion on the 'montecarloforum'. The donor car is pictured as well and a few other parts that were delivered a few weeks ago. I should have a partial build sheet in a day or so - and I will know then exactly what parts are in. I am going to have Eric at MPD make a cowl hood for me - we have talked and I have some drawings. As soon as I mock up the block and Whipple supercharger I will know then how much rise I will need in the hood. You'll see the donor car is red - I am painting it '02 Monte Carlo Dark Blue Metallic - the color of the original car I was going to use as a donor but the family had other ideas on that car so I had to find another - nothing paint won't fix. As I get more - I will again update. Thanks
Glad you're still alive man!! Thought the silver Monte might have rendered your body useless from the amount of g forces it pulls!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Allison did come behind the 8.1 gas equipped 2500HD and 3500 trucks. Suncoast is the place for mods to make them hold crazy amounts of power and also makes converters for them.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Leadfoot: Thanks for the lead on Suncoast - Sam
Old 03-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Default G-force

91Parkave: You can never have enough G-Forces. In my next life I want to be an astronaut in front of a Titan Rocket. That should satisfy my need for G-forces. Have a great day. Sam
Old 03-18-2015, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Default Torque Converter

Leadfoot: Spoke to my builder yesterday about your recommendation on Suncoast - and I guess little did I know he was already in touch with them. It is by far an excellent lead - thank you very much.

Also in my previous post I indicated my bore on my block was 4.25 - it is not that is the stroke the bore is 4.125.

Quick Reply: who had the 700HP Monte Carlo SS?