LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Service Trac control

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Trac control

I just ran a gt mustang and i launched with t/c off and spun quite a bit after that i got a light for t/c any ideas the car still feels fine to me.
And with spinning i smoked the gt lol
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

The TC is absolutely stupid in this car. It never turns fully off. I tried to make the tires spin in the rain yesterday and the engine kept killing itself. Stability also likes to kill the whole car as well. I will just be driving normal and the car decides it's going to completely stop accelerating for at least 2 seconds saying service stabilitrak. Lost a race to a 3.7 that way.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are all of the lights coming up?

If so, you may have a bad hub and/or a bad [front] ABS harness.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
I just ran a gt mustang and i launched with t/c off and spun quite a bit after that i got a light for t/c any ideas the car still feels fine to me.
And with spinning i smoked the gt lol
This seems to be the common issue lately. I am still suffering from this. My car will be in park and start dinging service brake system, service brake assit, service traction control. I've replaced all my wheel bearings, a couple tie rods and still no luck. Next step is the wiring, but that's been put on hold for now. Has anyone actually figured this issue out yet?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crich88848
This seems to be the common issue lately. I am still suffering from this. My car will be in park and start dinging service brake system, service brake assit, service traction control. I've replaced all my wheel bearings, a couple tie rods and still no luck. Next step is the wiring, but that's been put on hold for now. Has anyone actually figured this issue out yet?
2 or 3 years ago it did it in my Monte and my battery was weak, replaced and it ceased.
Last year when that happened, I replaced the onstar battery, and it ceased!
This year it did AFTER the car would not start (and it was stuck in the passlock position). It came on, on the dash ONLY during this time. The stealer ship claimed it was the BCM, that has now been "fixed" and so far it has ceased.
What I'm saying is it seems to be whenever ANY electrical bullshit goes on with our cars due to the fact that so much is tied into the sensors, wires, etc, the service traction control, etc comes on. Start by checking your battery first!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea mine is really weird i was off this morning drove to work on city streets fine i get on 95 and go 80 for a bit the service trac comes up i stop it goes off and fine to i hit the highway again... And i had the problem a while back with the back and fourth of brake assit tc and sometimes airbag i pulled the fuse box all apart and cleaned it with electrical cleaner and been fine so im gonna put her up in the air tom and check the hubs hopefully when i did my lca's i didnt plug the in all the way lol and hubs got about 15k on them
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Default same **** with my 09 ss

I get service stabilitrac service brake assist service traction control checked
all the hubs they are solid drivability was fine but I was getting some shaking
on the gas pedal but when I drive with traction control off it seems fine!
I still have over a year on my powertrain warrentty and since its not my
daily driver I will wait til spring to take it to the stealership LOL.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some info about the harness: https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...l#post17702001

Quick Reply: Service Trac control