LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Meth injection issue Misfires

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
Should i monitor this? Could my problem that the injectors are two big and fuel pump cant keep up?
If your pump isn't delivering enough pressure/volume, then it doesn't matter what injectors you've got.

And just to make sure, your PCM is tuned for those injectors, right?
Old 09-11-2014, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
If your pump isn't delivering enough pressure/volume, then it doesn't matter what injectors you've got.

And just to make sure, your PCM is tuned for those injectors, right?
Yes kevin has been spending alot of time with me working on it he logs into my comp via team viewer and i make a some passes so id say that the pcm is tuned correctly and i sent park ave a copy of the file just look over and he said it looked good just dont understand after i gotten rid of misfires i now have 1-2* of knock with only 12* of timing
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do run a Kenne Bell boost a pump on my set up and also have a racetronix pump in the tank. But I am running a slightly larger turbo and have run up to 15lbs of boost.

Is the car air to fuel ratio starting to lean out or staying fairly consistent during wot run?

Last edited by supercatxr7; 09-11-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supercatxr7
I do run a Kenne Bell boost a pump on my set up and also have a racetronix pump in the tank. But I am running a slightly larger turbo and have run up to 15lbs of boost.

Is the car air to fuel ratio starting to lean out or staying fairly consistent during wot run?
I dont have a wideband yet waiting on my next paycheck to get one and could you send me partnumber on the fuel pump u have and the boost a pump thanks again for your help
Old 09-11-2014, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would take it easy on the car without a wideband....you really need to be monitoring your a/f under wot I would be extremely uncomfortable pushing the car into that much boost without one. I just installed the innovate scg1 boost controller/wideband a/f monitor. Pretty cool piece and can set it up to pull out boost if certain a/f is reached or an over boost situation.

I bought the Kenne bell boost a pump from Lingenfelter. Don't remember part number. I'm not sure what racetronix pump is in the car. Kevin worked with racetronix and had them take my fuel pump assembly and put one in a few years ago. I know there is a larger pump that some of the v6 turbo guys just started using and there is a write up on how to install. I'll see if I can find the link.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a link to the fuel pump set up some of the v6 turbo guys are using. I'm not sure if it would be a direct drop in for our pump assembly bucket. And I believe the v6 cars have a fuel return system where our cars are return less. You might have to do some inquiring with racetronix.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...stock-canister
Old 09-11-2014, 10:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

To me its more of a hacked tune though the way Kevin does it. Doing my research I've found that using HP tuners custom os that I mentioned before is a way better option as your engine can have boost specific ve tables and boost enrichment along with a map sensor capable of reading boost.

I keep forgetting you don't have a wideband though and for the fuel pump I hear good things about the aem 320lph one.

For wideband you should buy the NGK afx. Its one of the most accurate with free air calibration
Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a fuel pressure gauge, and times two on the 2 bar os.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So today i got a fuel pressure gauge and taped it to the windshield and took her down the back road and my fuel pressure never dropped below 58 at wot.. And im getting a wide band this week and im being nice to her until i/we get to the bottom of all of this man im so ready to drop it off at a shop and let someone else fix my problems but in the end id rather do it even thought im only a car audio guy

Quick Reply: Meth injection issue Misfires