LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP brake squeak

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default GXP brake squeak

I came across a post here about a possible fix for squeaking brakes on the GXP, cant find it now but that person gets the credit for this. I have tried many different pads and rotors on the car, after awhile I get a squeak. Drives me crazy. Surfing the other night found that post so this morning I tore into it again for the umpteenth time. Sure enough I found what he was referring to. A tab on the back side hanging down was contacting the rotor. This tab is unnecessary on our cars, probably GM uses the same part for many vehicles. If you have not already removed this save yourself some future sanity and do this next time you have them apart.Cut it with a cut off wheel or bend it back and fourth until it snaps. Right now the car is nice and quiet, this could have been the culprit all along or just happened recently. We will see.
Attached Thumbnails GXP brake squeak-imag0424.jpg   GXP brake squeak-imag0425.jpg  
Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to have to check that. I have a brake squeak and just figured it was the pads.

Quick Reply: GXP brake squeak