LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

just curious about the tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim4daflow
3rd sprag is what breaks on mine which is a part dave said rarely breaks and I've broken 1 chain
The way Dave built my 3rd gear is amazing he did some modification to allow for 12 clutches and oversized billet piston and of course Gmr chain I know someone who has one FYI. I broke 3 chains before getting Gmr and with 5k plus I sent my Trans to Dave for inspection and all was just as mint as when he built it. That has to say something for his fluid cocktail
Old 12-29-2015, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
The way Dave built my 3rd gear is amazing he did some modification to allow for 12 clutches and oversized billet piston and of course Gmr chain I know someone who has one FYI. I broke 3 chains before getting Gmr and with 5k plus I sent my Trans to Dave for inspection and all was just as mint as when he built it. That has to say something for his fluid cocktail
That's not an uncommon mod, but the fluid cocktail wouldnt have anything to do with hard part failures, it would have to do with the long term durability of the clutches, how many miles were on your trans with the cocktail when he took it apart. Not saying it doesnt work but just a little iffy about some of the thing's people throw into their trans under the assumption of good things because the forum told them it works.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Ok cool imma try it I talked to Dave today about it as well
Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

what is his blend? when i got my transmission a couple years back he told me to just go with stock gm stuff.

Quick Reply: just curious about the tranny fluid