LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Truck manifold intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Truck manifold intake swap

All props to dustin lacy

Ok guys. Here's my write up on the TRUCK MANI Swap:
First of course you will need a manifold from similar years as our cars. Newer can work as well but may have the same clearance issue as the TBSS intake. Which I don't recommend unless you want to do extensive work to the intake or relocate the power steering reservoir. There is a link in comments on the shaving of intake. This process is tedious. I found JB weld to work better for smoothing than Bondo. You can use the truck rails but must be NON-Return style. Or can use holly EFI fuel rails or equivalent. I used stock injectors w/30mm top hats to make fit. I recommend the 11mmx24mm for closer fitment. I opened engine wire harness to extend/loosen some wiring due to height/tightness of new intake. I also soldered wire extensions on MAP sensor wire to relocate to rear of intake for clean look. Stock MAP. I installed one 3/8's fitting cut from intake/relocated to rear for catch can and fuel vapor line attached to stock TB. ⬅️Also relocated to fire wall. I used a plastic 1/2"barbed fitting for brake booster. Mounted as close to stock position as possible to reuse stock hose. A 3-4 bolt LS TB adapter will be needed. I used an LS2. But 3/7 can be used and even an 87mm 4 bolt truck TB can be used. Stock can be used but finding plates are difficult. Also the alternator bracket must be shaved a great deal. That's the jist of it. Not for the ones who can't fabricate or problem solve. But not impossible. I know I had help. They know who they are. I'll include as many photos as I can. Have fun and mod on!

Last edited by 91parkave; 01-22-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After all that work that is a great looking manifold!That had to be very time consuming.Is it up and running and did the powerband change with this? Was it worth all the effort? Good job!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah his car is up and running with the intake swap, you can find him on ls4 nation on Facebook group.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that looks clean!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn looks awesome, was thinking about trying this! Any dunk numbers? Is it worth it?

Quick Reply: Truck manifold intake swap