LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP vs GTP

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GXP vs GTP

So have any of the GXP guys ran a GTP yet to see the difference in power?
The GXP is clearly nicer looking, has a real nice front grille, and tire/rim/brake package but we all know why these sell. Its for the added power out of the V8. So how much added power do you get?
Is it enough to make them worth their value over the GTP? Or maybe a Maxima/Altima. I dont know what is quicker out of the Maxima/Altima/GTP but am guessing there all pretty close. So if you have raced one of these cars or something similar fill me in.
On a side note.....
They look like a bitch to work on and changing the plugs or adding headers cant be fun.

PS. (Monte Carlo SS, and Impalla SS guys please feel free to add your imput)
Old 11-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well am the guy to talk to about racing a new maxima and comp g dunno bout the altima tho...

I picked my car in upstate N.Y and drove it back to jersey, So it had probably 1000 miles on it (the GM at pontiac used the car) I pulled out of a dunken donuts and hear a beep, i seen a brand new Comp G with a guy about my age 22. I pulled up next to him at the light and we BS'd a bit, We took off still talking till about 25 and he gunned it, my front bumber was about to his front fender then i gunned it, by the time i hit 55 his front bumber was to the back of my doors or fender (in that area)our first gears goto 51-52mph. We did that twice and he lost both times, then we did a 65 70ish roll, i got cocky and let him get a car ahead then i went, It took me a few seconds to stop his pull and by 110ish i started pulling then let off when i seen i could pass him.

Maxima----I was cruising on the highway doing 70ish when i seen this guy coming on the onramp. I seen he started pulling abit so i figured he would want to play, i caught up and we cruised about 80mph for a bit, i did a quick flyby then let him catch up. Took me about 5 miles pacing him before he actually went. We were both in the middle lane, he was behind me, i went into the fast lane to pass a car and looked in the side view mirror and didnt see him, so i turned my head around and seen him flying up the slow lane. So i gunned it and he pulled about 1/2-1 car ahead of me and to 115-120 i pulled about 2-2 1/2 cars from him.

I think thats how it went it was a few months ago, i posted it on clubgp the day it happened so this story might be slight off give or take gives u the idea u wanted tho, and thats when my car was bone stock

dont quote this but i think the gtp's come with 260/260? gxp 303/323 maximas 260/?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel secure in saying, there is no, I repeat, NO, MAXIMA, ALTIMA, OR GTP that is stock that can come close to this car...Period..If you doubt it post please because maybe we can find a track that suits both and we can race..I just cannot get anything good to run on the road..I don't go lookin but whenever I'm in my SUV there's plenty of smack down to hand out, I can't do it!! (Maybe nxt time I'll lease the Trail Blazer SS??)
Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Teching In

haha tony i totally agree on that, everytime am in the work truck or in my car with my daughter it seems everyone is out, but when your in your own car alone nothing happens! guess am not the only one on this lol
Old 11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Banned

Thaks for the feedback.
So really there isn't much that compairs that is 4 doors and in the same price range.
The Dodge is faster then I expected but is quite a bit more expensive.
The GTO is a 2 door.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

No, there are no 4-door cars in this price range that I know of that will beat the GXP/SS stock. The only cars that are close are the G35 and Charger R/T, but both are quite a bit more expensive. The altima se-r is pretty close in price, but 40hp short. Those are the only ones I can think of right now.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

I disagree putting the Altima SE-R & G35 in the mix....Never seen them at the track run better than low 14's, considering there isa 1000x more of either of those around as compared to the 2200 or so GXP's (05') and the 06's that are out, they are consistently running high 13's (I'm in the mid's, as far as I'm concerned) and flat 14.0's..I will say this again, I HAVE YET TO SEE A HEMI (newer) run in the 13's....even on their site, no stock Hemi is in the 13's..maybe one is somewhere, but none that I've seen..Have you??
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

I threw the altima and G35 in there because they're the only fwd 4-doors that come close to the power of the gxp. The G35s are quick, I raced a 6-speed a couple weeks ago, and we were pretty much dead even. I beat him by a foot from 40-120, then he beat me by a foot from 40-120. Those hemis are so heavy that it's gonna take more than cold air and removing a headlight to drop them into the 13s. They're like 8-900 pounds heavier than us.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Banned

That is impressive for the G35.
I can see throwing the Altima/GTP/Maxima/G35 etc in the mix.
Hell we compair the Mustang with the F body and we all know the stang dosen't hang.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

can't go by that, track times don't lie, street racing too many variables to be able to determine which is actually faster (remember what a couple of tenths of a second looks like, someone jumps early, position upon take off, etc.) in the street two cars can look identicle, at the track, one is .4 or .5 slower.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Think i read someone that the GXP is the fastest 4 door sedan in its class, guessing g35's and such would be included in that? obviously the benz is not (amg 4 doors)
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned

Well I am sold. If I were in the market for a 30K 4 door car I would look real hard at the GXP.
I bet the keep their value better then the GT's and GTP's. Sad you can pick up a 2004 GT in damn good condition with 25000 miles for 10,000 when brand new their mid 20's.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

JZ, you can get a GXP for $25,995.00 through red tag sale!!! how cheap is that...? or if you can find an 05' $24,995.00 and as they say, resale only low when you sell the car, isn't that weird?? dealer never has a problem chargin out the ***!!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
JZ, you can get a GXP for $25,995.00 through red tag sale!!! how cheap is that...? or if you can find an 05' $24,995.00 and as they say, resale only low when you sell the car, isn't that weird?? dealer never has a problem chargin out the ***!!

I know I went and looked at them last week.
But 26 plus 2,000 in tax, paper fee's, tag, title etc might as well be 30,000.
Saw a dodge charger today with some nice wheels and it looked damn nice too. Looks like the 4 door cars with power are taking off.
I'll stick to the F body for now.
Like the RWD. Honestly I would more then likely spend a few extra dollars and take the GTO over the GXP but thats just my personal choice.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Thaks for the feedback.
So really there isn't much that compairs that is 4 doors and in the same price range.
The Dodge is faster then I expected but is quite a bit more expensive.
The GTO is a 2 door.
Thanks for the feedback.
hey man what are u doing looking for a 4 door car. Dint have any kids pop out from out of no where did u??
Old 12-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Default GTP vs GXp

My mom recently bought a GXP for a daily driver... owning a GTP and being curious myself decided to have my friend drive my car and i drive my mothers. we did a run from a stoplight the GXP pulled like a bat out of hell and my GTP tried to match but couldnt match the torque off the line... at 50 MPH i noticed that i was catching up but we had to slow down for another light... we also did a couple runs on the highway once at 30MPH and once at 70MPh at 30 mph again the GXP pulled on me but i caught up and passed at about 75 MPH when we ran at 70MPH i dipped on the GXP and left it in the dust.... but that doesnt go to say that STOCK GTPs wont get smoked considering the mods i have on my car : 3.0 s/c pulley, 3" DP, Ubend delete, cat delete,3" SLP loudmouth cat-back, Custom injen intake, DHP PCM, and plugs/wires... my car can hold its own on GXPs but if all the mods i have were put on the GXP i would get stomped and romped.( my car looks better to )
Old 12-27-2005, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTPtony
My mom recently bought a GXP for a daily driver... owning a GTP and being curious myself decided to have my friend drive my car and i drive my mothers. we did a run from a stoplight the GXP pulled like a bat out of hell and my GTP tried to match but couldnt match the torque off the line... at 50 MPH i noticed that i was catching up but we had to slow down for another light... we also did a couple runs on the highway once at 30MPH and once at 70MPh at 30 mph again the GXP pulled on me but i caught up and passed at about 75 MPH when we ran at 70MPH i dipped on the GXP and left it in the dust.... but that doesnt go to say that STOCK GTPs wont get smoked considering the mods i have on my car : 3.0 s/c pulley, 3" DP, Ubend delete, cat delete,3" SLP loudmouth cat-back, Custom injen intake, DHP PCM, and plugs/wires... my car can hold its own on GXPs but if all the mods i have were put on the GXP i would get stomped and romped.( my car looks better to )
................What does your GTP run?? Mine runs pretty good & only gets faster as I get up to speed, can catch a modded GTP, as their power is down low and the cubes take over, my car gains alot on a modded GTP that runs 13.3 by the end of the 1/4, another 500' and I'm passed him, so unless your car is a 13.0 or quicker my stock GXP will tear it up.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

I would love to run your gxp against my tbss. I ran my buddies 05 SS impala that has a lot of work done to it and he beat an 06 SS impala by 1/2 a car. We raced when i 1st got it with 30 miles on the odometer and a full tank of 87 octane. I beat him by 2 1/2 cars form 20mph-90mph. Now mine runs even stronger with 94 octane and a K&N and more miles on it. Just curious how the outcome would be? Your car sounds like it runs very well and you know how to drive it. I have the awd and the launch is pretty good. would be interesting!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NO5.0
I would love to run your gxp against my tbss. I ran my buddies 05 SS impala that has a lot of work done to it and he beat an 06 SS impala by 1/2 a car. We raced when i 1st got it with 30 miles on the odometer and a full tank of 87 octane. I beat him by 2 1/2 cars form 20mph-90mph. Now mine runs even stronger with 94 octane and a K&N and more miles on it. Just curious how the outcome would be? Your car sounds like it runs very well and you know how to drive it. I have the awd and the launch is pretty good. would be interesting!
Well I just heard one of our guys has unlocked the PCM, and dyno numbers show us stock in the 260+ range, and the tuning so far has unlocked 20HP, with still more...just with the reprogram. Take your SS to the track, we can "E" drag race as I'm not going anywhere you would be anytime soon..better catch me B4 I'm programmed though...I see a 13.2 coming real soon..(Program, K&N, DR's, Exhaust) getting it all at the same time, so I can get the "beating my car to death" over with in 1 more trip to the strip.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

what your going to see next Tony is some 1/4 mile tuning so that the car shifts at the REV limiter no more Tapshift and D tricks. just launch and drive......firmer quicker shifts with minimal tq reduction...... we found out the car has like 99% tq reduction untill 5 mph thats crazy and would explain the falling on its *** if not geting a perfect launch

Impala guys will have to wait because the computer in the 06 is not the same as the 05

Quick Reply: GXP vs GTP