LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP vs GTP

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is NOT cool, you guys get it frist. I know, I think that this is a good move in the quist for the LS4 motor mods so keep up the good work....
Old 01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you saying GXP 06' as well or just the SS's?

And I believe it, if you attempt to hit it at more then an 1/8 throttle...BAM! right on it's face (when track is prepped, even on the Potenza's) None of the GTP guys understands this Phenomenon, hopefully after you give them details, they'll get the picture!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LightFighter

Impala guys will have to wait because the computer in the 06 is not the same as the 05
Good thing the GXP 05 and 06 computer are the same...I assume. Only had this car about month, but im already itching for a tune. Much longer and its going to get painful.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigMikeGXP
Good thing the GXP 05 and 06 computer are the same...I assume. Only had this car about month, but im already itching for a tune. Much longer and its going to get painful.
I was told by one of the members involved with Lightfighter's PCM that there is a difference between 05 GXP and 06 GXP PCMs. I don't how much difference and what the ultimate impact is for us. It was inferred that the 05 GXP PCM changes will not be available to 06 GXP owners at the same time. We didn't discuss whether the 06 Impala and 06 GXP PCMs will share the same code. I wouldn't be surprised if there are subtle differences (ala Grand Prix GTP/Regal GS).

Chip
Old 01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChipC
I was told by one of the members involved with Lightfighter's PCM that there is a difference between 05 GXP and 06 GXP PCMs. I don't how much difference and what the ultimate impact is for us. It was inferred that the 05 GXP PCM changes will not be available to 06 GXP owners at the same time. We didn't discuss whether the 06 Impala and 06 GXP PCMs will share the same code. I wouldn't be surprised if there are subtle differences (ala Grand Prix GTP/Regal GS).

Chip
I usually don't have this luck, so for once do I have the right car?? lol!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChipC
I was told by one of the members involved with Lightfighter's PCM that there is a difference between 05 GXP and 06 GXP PCMs. I don't how much difference and what the ultimate impact is for us. It was inferred that the 05 GXP PCM changes will not be available to 06 GXP owners at the same time.

Chip
Well hells bells...that figures. Why GM why?????
Old 01-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

so you guys are saying these cars run with a v-8 stang...Damm that rocks
Old 01-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dvzz28
so you guys are saying these cars run with a v-8 stang...Damm that rocks
Once we get rid of some torque management these things are gonna be able to run with alot of cars. They already are somewhat of a "sleeper" Which on the other hand kinda sucks, cause no one understands I want to race.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

I test drove on 06 GXP I was very impressed with it,that car handles great,and is pretty damn quick,my brother is buying one in about 2 weeks,pretty sweet ride ih yeah the salesman at the dealership was cool I was flooring it from a couple red lights,lightin the tires up across the intersection,front end goes sideways,it was fun
Old 01-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Most guys attempting to race a 13 second stock GXP probably have GTPs that are already modified though lol. The GXP i have not driven in, but statistically its handsdown faster than your stock GTP, the average is mid to high 14s, most GXPs are in the very low 14s or 13s.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Regular

How do you guys like the front wheel drive feel on these cars with 304 hp ?Are these cars in the same price range as say the GTO ?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wildta
How do you guys like the front wheel drive feel on these cars with 304 hp ?Are these cars in the same price range as say the GTO ?
Generally the same price range depending on incentive de' jour. Tough choice for some, but not for most as those that need access to the back seat will get the GXP. The other obvious difference, FWD vs. RWD and Manual vs Auto. You can chose for yourself which you think is more professional for an image factor but that also plays into the decision for most people. (I've just always wanted to use that one).

As far as the Front drive thing, I think you're actually asking about the torque and whether it's controlable. Provided this is the question, then yes, it's very tractable and torque steer is VERY minimal. The only time when the "torque steer" is an issue is when there is a substantial crown on the road which is completely different effect (changing the steering itself) but with front drive under power with wide tires, it agrivates it. Normally, not that noticable though.

With TC off, you get to leave two streaks from the front wheels!! That's fun.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

It's definitely cheaper than the GTO, with a lot more features. I got mine with every option but navigation and block heater, stickered at ~33,500, I got it for ~$27,200 after $3500 in rebates. This was back in late May, so it was before employee pricing, and now that GM is doing the "lowering all our MSRPs" thing, you should be able to get it pretty reasonable.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

as of right now a well modded gtp will wack a gxp. There are so many more parts for the 3.8 supercharged cars then there are for the v8 cars. But give it time. header always wake these fwd cars up. But i'm sure that once some more mods and stuff appear along with hp tuners support that these car will move out just like there supercharged brotheren.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by yenkog66
hi i have a 06 ss impala just cold air intake and every r/t and my buddys tbss i beat the r/t cant not come close to me not yet the tbss from a roll i get it by 1 1/2 cars every time the last r/t i raced was also with a 300 c on i 55 in chicago we took off the same time 3 in a role i pulled on them from start to finish the tbss is a 06 awd so he hooks great as i spin si i allways say it depends on the drivers also so i even just 2 days ago ran a G8 GT that was a side to side fron 68 mph to 132 mph the best i got my car to run at the track was a 13,35 with drag radials but now i,m putting a 100 shot of nos on it so then i,m going vette hunting just to see
thanks
have a good one
Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default 08 GXP VS 00 GTP Video

Here is a video of me racing an older GTP last spring. I had had my car about 2 months and had only tinted the windows. The GTP had a full exhaust, under drive pulleys, supercharger pulley, CIA and custom tune. I got him by half a car length with no mods.

I have yet to see him at the track since then. I want to run him again since I have my exhaust, CIA, and TBS.

VIDEO LINK
Old 02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Resident

well this came back from the dead
Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Only 3 yrs between posts.

Quick Reply: GXP vs GTP