LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 m6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 m6 ?

For some reason the transmission sometimes while in reverse seems to jump around a bit only while im trying to let of the clutch. When i first bought the car the trans mount was very loose i tightened it. Also recently i've only done it twice, get on it really hard and shift from 2 to 5 by accident it goe into 5th fine but it'll make a funny noise not like its grinding but it's enough to make me wonder whats wrong. Any clues or cause's to this would be appreciated
Old 11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Could be a few things. If you car has a stock trans mount its fairly soft. Your gear shifter jumping around is your trans moving, which doesn't move itself it's moved by the engine or a bad clutch assembly. It's possible (I ran into this myself) that your clutch is on it's way out and your having chatter which is shaking things in the vehicle.

If your not having any vibration in first gear while engaging the clutch then I doubt it's a bad clutch, then it's just another mystery!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles does your car have? do you feel like vibrations? your flywheel and clutch prolly need replaced or resurfaced at least
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the clutch has only like 5000miles on it now, the guy i bought it off said it was a new clutch. Just in reverse is when it happens otherwise it never shakes or anything like that.