LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best shock/Spring kit out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best shock/Spring kit out there?

Hey guys, it has been FOREVER since I have been on here. The old camaro has been sitting in the garage for a long time since the weather is not GOOD at all. I posted awhile back about what I should do to my car next I was thinking about doing a whole lowering of the car project (shocks and springs). I want the best so I thought that Koni shocks and Strano springs setup (their best one(kit)). My question is I want about 1 1/2 in to 1 3/4 in drop all around and I want it to ride super smooth. I was just wondering what all supporting mods are RECOMENNED. I have UMI STB, box welded in SFCS 2 points, long tube headers, and y-pipe with turndown, underdrive pulley, K&N filter. I have heard adjustable panhard bar, lower control arms etc, what are your thoughts? All comments and opinions are greatly appericated. I was planning on getting the stuff over christmas and setting some time aside at my friends shop which has a lift and install everything.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Yea definetly the Koni's with Strano springs. You will want an adjustable panhard and I would recommend LCA Relocation Brackets to get back the lost suspension geometry with it being lowered. I have the Strano springs on stock shocks and love them to death I can't imagine them with Koni's.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Yea definetly the Koni's with Strano springs. You will want an adjustable panhard and I would recommend LCA Relocation Brackets to get back the lost suspension geometry with it being lowered. I have the Strano springs on stock shocks and love them to death I can't imagine them with Koni's.
My car rides somewhat rought also b/c my rears are slick now (what mother doesn't know doesn't hurt her) anyways I was thinking why not an entire kit? How low would the kit get my car to? 1 1/2 drop?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

If you got the money may as well do it right ya know. I didn't measure before and after but I would say about a 1.25" drop or so with a nice raked look, you will like it.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
If you got the money may as well do it right ya know. I didn't measure before and after but I would say about a 1.25" drop or so with a nice raked look, you will like it.
what do you think it would coast approx. with everything from the shocks,spring to the adjustable lower control arms and on car adjustable PHB?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blk97z28
what do you think it would coast approx. with everything from the shocks,spring to the adjustable lower control arms and on car adjustable PHB?
About a grand or so for the shocks and springs and 250ish for an adjustable panhard and lca relocation brackets.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would give Sam a call. He knows his stuff. And he knows how to set up a suspension for a particular purpose.