LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

is there a muffler instead of magnaflow that would fit w/ magnaflow catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a muffler instead of magnaflow that would fit w/ magnaflow catback?

is there a muffler instead of magna flow that would fit w/ magnaflow catback? my magnaflow is too quiet for me now. i have pacesetters and ORY and was wondering if i could swap out the muffler and use the same piping.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a muffler delete that i had made up and it bolted right in place on my 97 with the magnaflow exhaust. It sounded damn good, but it was loud. I have since replaced it with a magnaflow muffler because i take the car on long trips and like to be able to have a interupt free conversation! LOL.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

i know what you mean about too loud (as my iroc is) but would a GMMG muffler bolt up or anything like that? i just want it a little louder.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know about the GMMG bolting right up, but I do know that you will be paying out the ying yang for one. You would be better off doing a muffler delete or getting a new exhaust. I am uploading some videos of my formula doing some flybys for you. Give me just a sec. These were with PS LT no cats, muffler delete, and a 10 inch resonator to cut down on the kackling.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Flyby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7af_AMkXKo
Spining the heck outta the tires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeAw-nTBsM
Another flyby (let off at the end):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__BpUIh5ig

It was a pretty windy day when we took these videos as you will soon find out, but it gives you an idea of how it will sound. I drove around with this for over a year and had no problems with cops (just some pissed off neighbors!).
Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

that sounds wicked.

where could i get a muffler delete and where would a good place to put a resonator?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya i just listened to your iroc in ur sig that thing is loud as heck. I dunno if it was because it was in the garage or what, but mine was never that loud. I am not going to use mine again i would sell it for like 25 bucks + shipping if you would want it. And i had the resonator welded into the I pipe about a foot or so where the exhaust connects to the Y pipe. I can get pics of it at a later time (we got 16 inchs of snow on friday weird for kansas!) because the car is parked in my storage unit at this time.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ~BuMps AloT~
ya i just listened to your iroc in ur sig that thing is loud as heck. I dunno if it was because it was in the garage or what, but mine was never that loud. I am not going to use mine again i would sell it for like 25 bucks + shipping if you would want it. And i had the resonator welded into the I pipe about a foot or so where the exhaust connects to the Y pipe. I can get pics of it at a later time (we got 16 inchs of snow on friday weird for kansas!) because the car is parked in my storage unit at this time.

the IROC is a loud one. its just as loud out of the garage. thats with Hooker LT's, 4" of collector and the short Dynomax shotgun resonator dumped under the passanger seat. the car is also cammed and has alot of mods.

would that piece fit for my magnaflow? i will keep that in mind. did you weld it or did you buy it welded?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would think it would fit, thats if the 96 and 97 magnaflow exhausts were the same. I dont think they would have changed the exhaust design from year to year...I may be wrong though. I would probably give magnaflow a call and see if there is any differance between the 2 years.

And a buddy of mine actually made it. He had it on his car and he ended up going a different route with his exhaust. I liked the way it sounded on his car and put it on mine. Its painted black and tucks up very nicely. Ya just let me know man. Its prolly not going to go anywhere.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

could you PM me a picture? whenever you get a chance.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya man i can do that i will bring it home tomorrow after work.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey i was in a rush leaving work and totally forgot to pick up the muffler delete! Im sorry i will for sure grab it tomorrow!
Sorry Man!!!
Devin

Quick Reply: is there a muffler instead of magnaflow that would fit w/ magnaflow catback?