LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vortech/Emissions questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Vortech/Emissions questions

I bought a 1997 SS that came with a Vortech supercharger. I want to buy some headers since the car doesn't have long tubes. How do I go about deleting the air/egr on this? I searched but couldn't find the answer. I want to buy long tubes with no egr/air with an ory, but I don't know if the supercharger "needs" either to run properly.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No the supercharger doesn't need the egr or air to run however if your stat does the visual inspection, you'll fail. Now the fact that your car is OBD II all they do is scan the computer for codes so you can use long tubes but I would put cats in the y-pipe to be green. You will need a set of egr block off plates then just unplug and unbolt the air and egr parts.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

No I don't ever have to worry about inspection just needed to know if it was necessary to have it with a Vortech. I've seen a few pics where it wasn't hooked up to the supercharger, I'm also wondering what all needs to go. It comes with it's own air pump/piping...
Old 08-28-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

you need EGR and AIR block off plates, pacesetter race headers would not have the EGR or AIR ports.

your supercharger will be fine without the stuff.

Quick Reply: Vortech/Emissions questions