LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

odd stalling issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default odd stalling issue

Okay couple weeks ago i had an issue where my "Service Engine Soon" light came on and the beast began to churn and chug...not dying but chugging, when and after the SES light would go off she would pick up like normal. I hooked up a Red Brick Scanner but i was not picking up no codes whatsoever. Well I knew it had been some time since I changed my o2's so I swapped em out. Well I thought that would fix it but I seem to have the same problem.

Any Ideas what this issue is? I know i'm missing something simple but none the less I'm stumped.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump...anybody....anybody at all?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Even if the SES light went back off, you still probably have stored codes. I'll bet you'll have random misfire codes. This is a 95? The code will not be specific as to which cylinder if so. 96-97 OBDII cars will store a code for each misfiring cylinder, with cylinder # the last digit of the code.

Check your wires, including coil wire. Make sure nothing's loose, get a dab of dielectric grease in each boot (both ends), make sure none are marked with little white spots. If you ozonation spots (white, you're arcing to metal somewhere. You can also run it with the hood up after dark and see if you see spark escaping somewhere. At any rate, get the codes checked.

P.S. That SnapOn scanner have the right module card loaded? I haven't seen one used much since the early 2000s.