LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

few parts installed more to come...some things noticed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default few parts installed more to come...some things noticed

so i installed a new alternator/ did big 3 wires/ new valve covers/and a few others and just sharing some thoughts and questions.......put in a power bastard chrome 240 alternator///very nice looking unit and i now have good voltage from idle on up.....next i did the big3 wire upgrade with 1/0 guage wire/// its in but during the winter i'll have to work on the routing because the wires dont really have much flex so everything is super tight but it functions.......next were some valve covers///simple polished ones from ebay but i can tell you they are taller so if anyone needs a lil more room over stocks these are nice, now i can say i need to adjust my rockers cause you can deff hear them now.......tomorrow i plan on putting in the msd box once the harness comes in and see where that goes.....the only other thing i put in was a casper voltplus i found when cleaning that i never installed when i did my engine build.........long post i know but i can say right now maybe its just my imagination but the responce after fixing things is great...better than it ever has been i think....no heitation when i nail the pedal at all...only other prob now is my brake/abs/asr lights are on so i have to figure that out
Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

uhmm....glad you can put up smiles...but what exactly is there to take pics of right now...i mean tomorrow i was gonna go clean up the valve covers and alt...but what exactly is there to take pics of...not really sure on this one.....dont mean to sound like an *** but i really hate seeing.........thats all...it seems everyone like using that for everything...lol
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

(you saw that comming, right?)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

why are you using an msd box?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

i got it cheap....figured it wouldnt hurt......if it doesnt make even a slightest tiny bit of difference i can put it in my 86 kblazer where i know i can use it
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by spcearle
i got it cheap....figured it wouldnt hurt......if it doesnt make even a slightest tiny bit of difference i can put it in my 86 kblazer where i know i can use it
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

i wasnt aware i needed to try a search......what am i supposed to be searching for? if you are refering to a search on msd boxes...i have and am aware its a crap shout on if they work......unfortunately on here 98% of the info is from peoples opinions and "what they heard"......alot of the items on my car are things people dislike and swear are garbage but work good for me...so to do a search on a msd box is irrelevant besides the fact that alot of the true helpful members that truely have good info and experience to share have these.......lets give an example shall we....msd opti's.....it seems everyone says they are junk but i have 10000+ on mine while b4 that i went through several stock units that all broke or malfunctioned....i can go on....i just got this cause again it was cheap,i can use it in my other vehicle,and i didnt figure it would hurt in my stroker....if it gives me the extra spark great if it doesnt oh well i'm out 20 bucks on a harness.....

Last edited by spcearle; 11-03-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added
Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

powermaster has quite the reputation it seems.....
Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

i apologize to those who may be affended from my attitude but for one i'll admit i am an a...hole.......but this site has just been kinda pissing me off at times because there are some really great car guys on here that try their best to help and share their knowledge but there are others that just want to come in and trash talk others or not help at all....i admit i post stupid posts venting and sharing things i do or new toys i got...but isnt that what likeing cars about........the answer cant always be post a pic or do a search or that is rice......there just needs to be more helping the next guy instead of bashing him down......look at alot of the members on here...alot are new young kids learning to love these cars or any kind of car for that matter and there are alot that come on here thinking they are the masters of their universe and really dont know crap about cars....the forums are for people to share or get advice and learn from it so if you dont know the answer to a question or if you dont like helping someone that has a question...really ask yourself why you are here then please
Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spcearle
i apologize to those who may be affended from my attitude but for one i'll admit i am an a...hole.......but this site has just been kinda pissing me off at times because there are some really great car guys on here that try their best to help and share their knowledge but there are others that just want to come in and trash talk others or not help at all....i admit i post stupid posts venting and sharing things i do or new toys i got...but isnt that what likeing cars about........the answer cant always be post a pic or do a search or that is rice......there just needs to be more helping the next guy instead of bashing him down......look at alot of the members on here...alot are new young kids learning to love these cars or any kind of car for that matter and there are alot that come on here thinking they are the masters of their universe and really dont know crap about cars....the forums are for people to share or get advice and learn from it so if you dont know the answer to a question or if you dont like helping someone that has a question...really ask yourself why you are here then please
you make a good point. I'm pretty new to the forum and I'm trying to learn and give help as much as I can. While I do find it absolutely hilarious to see guys going back and forth with their opinions (especially the ones who everyone says are wrong but refuse to listen) it can sometimes end up being quite obnoxious when you're actually trying to get some information. That being said, a shot of the engine would be great. Some of us like to see how all of this stuff looks. It goes right along with my comment about the shotgun I was gonna buy the other night: Performance is number one priority, but if we're gonna spend money on something, it better look, feel, or sound good on top of being the best performer.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Space bar broken OP?

Where did you buy the Big 3 wires from? Pics and the lengths you needed? Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Where did you buy the Big 3 wires from? Pics and the lengths you needed? Thanks
http://www.innovativewiring.com/Chev...amaroPage.htm#
Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM
hashtagBMW

WOW, $75 for cables and ends? What a killer deal.

Not.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Speed Density

Not.
******* this! hahahahahahahahahaa

haha
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density

Not.
I have something similar but I didn't pay that much for it.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fex77k
I have something similar but I didn't pay that much for it.
Go on...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Go on...
I bought the ends for the battery, alt, and block. Then I used some nasty looking crimpers and had the ends soldered at my old job. I just used the stock one as the reference.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

unfortunately when i ordered everything my car lived on the side of the street in brooklyn so work on things was limited...plus its kinda getting chilly and crappy out in ny.....plus i just rented a garage so now i have the ability...i'm not gonna complain about the price...the quality of the work is great and for the 30 or so bucks i could have saved it was worth it to have everything pre made and ready to put in......i just have to go through it this winter and remove where i placed the junction block and ground wire after i did the wire mod.....to me its kinda like paying someone else to detail your car when you can do it yourself...and we all know that at some point alot of people get this done
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

oh and i got a lil tied up putting shelves in my new garage and cleaning and organizing....but tomorrow after i through the msd box in the car i'm gonna wash it and clean up the engine bay so i'll snap some shots and post them to see what ya think