LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about TCS and the SJM Hurst Style ABS Delete w/ Line Lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about TCS and the SJM Hurst Style ABS Delete w/ Line Lock

I am going to buy an SJM ABS Delete Kit with the Hurst Style Line Lock for my 1997 Camaro SS. I honestly am not sure if it came with TCS stock or not because when I bought the car it did not have TCS and the spot above the radio where the switch went was just a vacant hole. First of all, how do I tell if it came stock with TCS or not?

Next question, if it DID have TCS stock, and I am purchasing this kit, I need to know what to tell them because they have an option for 3-Channel ABS and 4-Channel ABS but I do not know which to get lol. They say if your car originally had TCS you need the 4-Channel, if not the 3-Channel....if my TCS was deleted, do I still need the 4-Channel?

I know a couple of these may have been dumb questions, but I just want to be thorough.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the rear axles for reluctor rings. They are loacated out by the tire behind the rotor shield. Should be a gear looking thing with a sensor over the teeth. If there is one on each side of the rear you have the 4 ch system. As for TCS it is called ASR. If there is a box on the driver side of the intake or a motor in the same location or a black cover that says ASR on it you have it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

No, all the TCS, or ASR, stuff was deleted. If it had it, all signs of it were removed. The ONLY thing that makes me even REMOTELY think that it had it was that the spot where the switch should be was just a vacant hole...nothing in its place, but no switch. I will check for those gears, but do I need to tear anything apart or take anything off of the car to look for it?? I dont really wanna go digging around in my rear just yet lol
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Regular

the tcs 4 channel rear ends will have this senor on each side. the non tcs rear end will just have the single sensor in the pumpkin.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Cool, thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have 2 brake lines going to the rear, its 4 channel. If there is only 1, its 3 channel. They include a t fitting to split the single rear feed in the kit into two if you have 2 brake lines.

Quick Reply: Question about TCS and the SJM Hurst Style ABS Delete w/ Line Lock