LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bolt on car.. looking for advice on tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bolt on car.. looking for advice on tuning

I'm trying to find the best way to go.. I've got the mods in my signature. Basically I'm more concerned with getting my speedo calibrated and fixing my gas mileage. Since I put on the long tubes I've gotten bad gas mileage, I figure its because my O2's are off and need to be tuned..? Is that correct?

I found a shop locally that will dyno tune it for $350. Or I could go with a mail-order tune from PCMForless (Tick Performance/PCMForless is close by too) I'm not sure on the price for the mail-order tune.

I have a nitrous kit for it, but my car isn't ready for that yet. Eventually, when I decide to spray it, the only thing I need to adjust for is the timing right? I was thinking after it's tuned, I could just get an ignition box to handle that and just retard it before I spray.. How does that sound?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd go with pcmforless, they're only $175 i believe and it's only like $50 to make future changes after your first tune.

your set-up is pretty simple, Brian did a good tune for my turbo car so i'm sure he'll have no problem with a good tune for yours
Old 02-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamingchicken94
Since I put on the long tubes I've gotten bad gas mileage, I figure its because my O2's are off and need to be tuned..? Is that correct?
It may be more like your O2's are not functioning properly. Probably a good idea to get the PCM scanned (meaning having the sensors read while in operation).

Last edited by SS RRR; 02-10-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedlt1
i'd go with pcmforless, they're only $175 i believe and it's only like $50 to make future changes after your first tune.

Your set-up is pretty simple, brian did a good tune for my turbo car so i'm sure he'll have no problem with a good tune for yours
/\ +1 /\

Quick Reply: Bolt on car.. looking for advice on tuning