LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Berger Panel Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berger Panel Ideas

I am thinking about doing some work to my berger panel but I am curious about a few things and thought I would ask before I go digging into this thing and mess it up.

I am thinking about filling in the "CAMARO" and then cutting new custom lettering into the panel however it will be longer and cover areas that the "CAMARO" didnt. Is there enough material in the entire berger panel to cut a new set of letters in it??

Has anyone done anything like this before that can give some good input? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

I fiberglassed mine in. As far as enough material to cut in new letters, your going to have to build up the back side to get any depth out of it. Once you pull off the panel, you'll see what I mean
Old 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

I doubt there is enough material to actually carve in some new letters. I had mine off and it almost looks like they stamped the camaro letters in instead of actually carving them in, if you know what i mean.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

I would go buy a spare panel from a junk yard or the classifieds (forum or local). You could fill it, sand it, and give it a try. If it doesnt work then no big deal. The only thing I see being a problem would be when you carved the filled area; and the filling breaking out of the original letters.

I may be completley wrong here, and it sounds like a lot of work but:

What you COULD do is mark a rectangle around the letters, and use a dremel to carve out the raised portions of the letters; level with the deepest portion of the letters. Once you do that you should be able to fill the rectangle and be able carve away. Just remember to not go any deeper than the deepest portion of the original letters. May be a bitch to measure, but it should be doable.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

You'll cut right through with out adding material to the back side, like they said it looks like they stamped it. I filled mine and the key hole and smoothed the entire thing out, love how it looks and it will be going body color again when i do paint.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Modding your berger panel is gay
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^lmao
Old 05-29-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by confuzzled
You'll cut right through with out adding material to the back side, like they said it looks like they stamped it. I filled mine and the key hole and smoothed the entire thing out, love how it looks and it will be going body color again when i do paint.
^^^
I did the exact same thing a few years ago. I filled in the both the letters and the key hole. Painted it body color. Way happier than when it was black. Looks really clean when the rest of the car is debadged and de-molded.

Quick Reply: Berger Panel Ideas