LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need ZR1 wheels special lug nut socket???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ZR1 wheels special lug nut socket???

Well as most know I moved to Cocoa Beach Florida. The promblem is I'm missing a few boxes that the movers had miss placed or never brought, lol! So I need to find out how to go about getting the ZR1 wheels special lug nut socket to take off the special lug nut! Is this going to be a dealership thing? I bought the wheels off a friend when I lived in AZ and havent talked to him in about 6 years so I have no clue and most likely doubt that he has a spare. I need to get the wheels off and on so I can install my slicks and front runners. A little problem I guess you could say. To add to what is missing: Main thing in my wife and mines eyes is our queen size box spring and pillow top matress. 8 days of hotels beds and then 4 days on an air matress is getting old, also a supercharger, subframe connectors, wideband snd a monoblade TB. These add up to way more then the bed but you got to agree you have to have your bed. I mean hell we sleep half our lives away. Everything is insured through the movers so I should see all the money in a couple weeks but I do need to know where to get the lug nut socket for sure. Bad luck on having the military move us " hired out contractors" this go around but whatever. I'm getting paid an *** load FULL PRICE FOR PARTS, lol! Anyhow any info would help thanks Steve!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Any good tire store should be able to help you get them off
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

I can't remember what they look like, but the ones that were on my SS I believe I just hammered a socket onto the nut to take them off...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Oh so no real actual replacing the special lug nut socket. I guess that makes since or everyone could get there hands on one and steal wheels out there. Damn this sucks! Well I think you can get the tool to take off special lug nuts at autozone. Didn't think I wouldn't be able to get my hands on another exact one though!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

There is a tool that some shops have that you can pound onto the locking lug and then turn it off. But you may be able to go to a dealership and have them help you out if they have someone working there that has a clue

Quick Reply: Need ZR1 wheels special lug nut socket???