LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Maybe the OP is really 1craz28. Sounds like some of his wisdom.
lol forgot about that guy
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, how about quit being a dumbass?

I am "young and dumb" and I can honestly say the fastest I've ever had my car up to is 110mph, which is what it traps at in the 1/4.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrikeMike
Wow, how about quit being a dumbass?
Well said!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This Thread is old and I stumbled across it but the OP, Only time I hold it at 130+ is when I use my Valentine 1 Radar, and Trunk Tracking Scanner and at night. Drove from Orlando to Miami a few times. Held it to 130mph for a good 10 mins while the coast is clear. Never Speed when morons sit in the left lane. This is america, Not europe. In europe these guys wouldnt be bashing for going all out without a speed limit. Your motor actually IMO does more damage in the city then it does at steady high rpms. 3000-5000rpms anything over that I would beef up the rear end and upgrade to a bigger Radiator. Always keep watch for bridges. Never speed going over the bridge because I put money that there will be a cop right there going to clock you. Make sure your suspension is good and Tires!! (Y rated) Just trying to help save lives for the crazy stupid ones like myself! Its an F-body so enjoy it with caution!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
This Thread is old and I stumbled across it but the OP, Only time I hold it at 130+ is when I use my Valentine 1 Radar, and Trunk Tracking Scanner and at night. ... Its an F-body so enjoy it with caution!
This thread should have stayed dead for obvious reasons, but since it is resurrected...

Driving 130 mph at night? Really? You and/or someone else will be dead soon.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

**** i does speeds i would't be worry about my engine i would worry about my life!! lol
Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shbox
This thread should have stayed dead for obvious reasons, but since it is resurrected...

Driving 130 mph at night? Really? You and/or someone else will be dead soon.
How so? I mean im talking about on the highway not in city limits. And you shouldnt say "you or someone else will be dead soon" thats alittle bit of an immature comment. Sounds like a death wish. The only thing that would be dead is a dear. But I guess its all about feeling your car and knowing when enough speed is enough. But I do have to admit these cars ride speedy steady at 130+. Nothing wrong with taking to those speeds once in a blue moon. But then again this isnt the autobahn so I get your point!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How so? I mean im talking about on the highway not in city limits. And you shouldnt say "you or someone else will be dead soon" thats alittle bit of an immature comment. Sounds like a death wish. The only thing that would be dead is a dear. But I guess its all about feeling your car and knowing when enough speed is enough. But I do have to admit these cars ride speedy steady at 130+. Nothing wrong with taking to those speeds once in a blue moon. But then again this isnt the autobahn so I get your point!
Only takes one animal, one pedestrian, one broken-down car, one bolt to fail, one blown tire, one strong gust of wind, one lapse of concentration, one police officer, or any number of other things to kill yourself or someone else, all for 30 seconds of speeding? If you think hitting a deer at 130mph would only kill the deer then you're simply retarded.

I lost a good friend by an ******* who had the same mentality as you. Guy was a volunteer EMT who had stopped on the highway to help a woman change a flat tire. A guy speeding at 100+mph clipped him as he was helping, killed him instantly. Don't believe me? http://www.crossmenalumni.org/joseph-kempf.html

So you just keep on speeding in your imaginary safety net. You'll get what's coming one way or another.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Driving 130 at night is immature. I stand by my statement. You are risking your life and others. The location has no bearing. If you hit a deer, it surely would be dead and you with it. 130 during the day is bad enough. At night, there is no way to see any danger (animal, etc.) to avoid it. Some people just don't get it (until it is too late).
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone you justifies driving at that 130MPH is a moron. Anyone who drives at that speed and does not hurt/kill himself or an innocent other is a bigger and luckier moron. I used to be a moron and do that stupid **** when i was younger but feel fortunate that I avoided any number of things as mentioned above that could have turned the thrill into a senseless tragedy in a blink of an eye. Dont be a moron.

BTW I am nervous when I approach 90MPH now days being older, married and a Dad with much more to lose not to mention the car has had nearly every bolt and major machanical component off of it at some point in its life.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

OP and others, you fight a losing battle on here trying to explain the need for speed. Give up arguing and just do what you do, be smart about what and when you do it.

But scared of 90 mph because every bolt has been off the car? You do know cars are not just magic wanded together right? Those bolts have been off before u ever saw it and you weren't scared then. You should have more faith in your mechanicing craftsmanship to have put things back together correctly.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
But scared of 90 mph because every bolt has been off the car? You do know cars are not just magic wanded together right? Those bolts have been off before u ever saw it and you weren't scared then. You should have more faith in your mechanicing craftsmanship to have put things back together correctly.
Let me clarify. I do have great faith in my craftsmanship so I could have worded that a bit better. Also nervous and scared are a bit different in my mind and if I had to drive that fast to satisfy a stupid need, I would rather it be in a brand new car that has not been molested.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Simple math. Viewing distance <stopping distance at 130mph at night.

By the time you see something in the road, its too late.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Only takes one animal, one pedestrian, one broken-down car, one bolt to fail, one blown tire, one strong gust of wind, one lapse of concentration, one police officer, or any number of other things to kill yourself or someone else, all for 30 seconds of speeding? If you think hitting a deer at 130mph would only kill the deer then you're simply retarded.

I lost a good friend by an ******* who had the same mentality as you. Guy was a volunteer EMT who had stopped on the highway to help a woman change a flat tire. A guy speeding at 100+mph clipped him as he was helping, killed him instantly. Don't believe me? http://www.crossmenalumni.org/joseph-kempf.html

So you just keep on speeding in your imaginary safety net. You'll get what's coming one way or another.
LMFAO this country. You wanna talk about danger? Why is it that there are more deaths on american interstates annually then there are in the German Autobahn? And the autobahn has no speed limit. Im just saying I know interstates have speed limits and I get your guys point. The only reason why America doesnt have an autobahn isnt because they really care about saving lives. Its about money. I sound so ignorant right now but get a clue. If the U.S taught young kids how to drive like germans it would save lives. If you dont believe me on Interstates vs Autobahn safety google it then. Why do us americans freak out when you hear someone going over 80mph? btw texas just passed a law and raised the speed limit to 85mph on a toll road between san antonio & Austin. Get it that cars are being made with more Gears for better fuel economy that being said speed limits are increasing so dont get scared when you hear the first 90mph speed limit and cops wont care if you go 100mph. BTW im sorry about your friend. may god be with him. Ive been through a bunch of driving schools and know the math of reaction times at higher speeds. Im not trying to justify myself im just saying this country has more problems then ***** speed limits! Why are people bashing me like im going 289mph 98% of the time im on interstates? lol. But I respect good advice & precautions. And dont blame speed on what killed your friend. Blame the dumbass driving the car!

Last edited by 93Euphoria; 09-27-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

You are really showing how ******* stupid you are.

There are 8 million miles of public roads (interstates and local) in the US. The Autobahn is 7000 miles long. Of course there's going to be more fatalities you stooge. And if you think that EVERYONE on the Autobahn drives 130mph you're a complete ******* tool.

I should have been taught by a German? You **** ********. You're the biggest hypocrite I've ever met.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:35 AM
TECH Veteran

LMFAO this country.
Dann nehmen Sie Ihre speed racer Esel und erhalten Sie die ficken aus es!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wrd1972; 09-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I told you this thread should have stayed dead, LOL. You open yourself up for more ridicule with every post. There isn't anything you can say, no argument you can use that will justify your actions. Get some common sense.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shbox
I told you this thread should have stayed dead, LOL. You open yourself up for more ridicule with every post. There isn't anything you can say, no argument you can use that will justify your actions. Get some common sense.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Puck
It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever its told.

Quick Reply: How bad is it to drive at high RPM's all the time?