LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Panhard bar????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panhard bar????

Has anyone had any issues with the Panhard bar? Mine fell off yesterday...I rigged it enough to make it home from work(with a Lanyard, LMAO). The threads on the end of the bar are toast so I am thinking I will need to buy a new one. How the heck do you tighten that thing up? Do you turn the nut on the part that the Rod screws in to????
Attached Thumbnails Panhard bar????-panhard.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

It looks like you adjusted it too far, take one side off the car and spin it back on the other. You should get an alignment to get the rear centered in the car after.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

You might be able to chase the threads and repair them and put the 2 halves back together. The adjustment is made at the ends, yes.

Still, PHBs are pretty cheap if that one is toast.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What brand of PHR is that? I would bet that if you called them and sent them a picture of what happened they'd replace it for free. Chances are they are a site sponsor and don't want this kind of negative exposure so I'm sure they'd help you out.

It looks like you have a single adjustable bar and the jam nut wasn't tightened? You are supposed to disconnect the end link, turn the hex piece in red so the bar is the proper length, then reconnect the end link and tighten the jam nut. It's kind of hard to tell which type you have.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

It is an Edelbrock...I took one side loose and tried to put the bar back in but it wouldn't thread, and even if it did, it is going to be hard to get the piece I took off to line up right...Hmmmm
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

agreed with everyone. hard to see exactly what type you have but it looks like it was adjusted too far.. although if its adjusted too far id think you would have noticed because im sure the rear would be pretty far off on a max adjustment. if it was sitting on the last couple threads.. take it off the car, get a pic of the whole thing and put it back up. maybe it will just go right back together.. if not $100 new one is easy enough

Quick Reply: Panhard bar????