LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vac lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vac lines

Just finished my LT header install on my 97TA. I deleted the emissions and going to do the EGR delete to. Before i go crazy and start removing lines, i would like to know witch vac lines that i can delete on the sides of the intake? Anyone have any pics showing witch lines can be deleted? also, i know there are three fuel lines and one is just a breather, can i delete that lines also? Thanks for the help
Old 10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure cause I haven't done my delete yet but just trace the lines or line from the egr and remove the solenoid and get some caps
Old 10-24-2011, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no "breather" of any sort on an LT1. All lines that you want to remove have some degree of consequence.

Deleting the PCV system is NOT recommended, so you need to maintain the PCV valve and it's corresponding hose(s).

Deleting the EVAP purge solenoid requires PCM reprogramming and will increase the amount of fuel smell at the rear of the vehicle.

Deleting the EGR will require PCM reprogramming and will require the use of block-off plates where the solenoid and the tube were located (both on the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold).

The line for the fuel pressure regulator must be retained as well - that modulates fuel pressure with manifold vacuum.

The other line on the passenger side controls your flapper door and AC/heat functions.

For further diagrams and explanations, check out www.shbox.com

Quick Reply: Vac lines