LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Can I hook wideband to speed sensor instead of a/c pressure sensor for datamaster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I hook wideband to speed sensor instead of a/c pressure sensor for datamaster?

I have read people hooking their wideband to a/c pressure sensor to datamaster. Here it is. Go down in the forum where you will see the tuturial. https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...de-please.html

In datamaster go to Custom Engine Data Display to set up your wideband info. Under Custom Engine Data Display there are some things you need to put in. One is the byte number. If I was to use the a/c pressure sensor for my wideband I am suppose to put under the byte number section the number 30, which is the PCM's datastream responsible for A/C pressure raw data “N”.

Well I have read while tuning the car and using the A/C pressure sensor as your wideband can mess with you tuning. According to another person they said "This is impressive ingenuity but doesn't a/c activation affect the mapped fuel and spark tables in the pcm. More accurately, won't a false input to this circuit cause a change in the commanded performance? Forgive my ignorance; I am only beginning to look into tuning. I just have the efilive flashscan v1 and innovate LM-1 but have been eyeing the tuning demo." I have also read it mess with idle tuning.

Not sure if all that is true. But is it possible to use your speed sensor? From what I know it is also a 0-5v sensor. I don't need it as of now. Problem is I need to know what byte number the speed sensor is correct? Would anybody know this? Is there any other sensor I could use that is 0-5v that won't mess with my tuning? If there is I'll still need the byte number to put in datamaster. Correct? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good 'ole cz28.com

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/comp...-535603/page3/
Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
Yeah I read all that earlier today. But I think that is the same forum and if you read through it all you'll see somebody talk about how the a/c sensor affects tuning on certain things. So that is why I wanted to go through a different sensor. But I'm not sure what the speed sensor byte number is or how I could find out.

Quick Reply: Can I hook wideband to speed sensor instead of a/c pressure sensor for datamaster?