LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need ideas for data logging obd2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need ideas for data logging obd2

I've been reading here for a while but I don't even think ive ever made a post and now I'm in need of help. I have a 97 camaro, LT1, OBD2, and I need to do some data logging to help fine tune a new set up I got. I went to the dyno and did some pulls and it is lean as rpms increase but towards redline it starts to richen up. I don't know what kind of software to get that will log whatever parameters I need to find out what's going on. There is a lot on the internet but I have NO CLUE what to get. Suggestions are needed please. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know the older auto tap equipment was good , but not the new ones. cant tell you why though. i would also like to hear some other options. im in the same boat. sucks hptuners doesn't work for us. damn 97's
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Damn 97s is right. If someone can just tell me what to get I'm all over it. After I find out how to log it then I got to get the software to tune it and go back to the dyno and have them tune it. They only got the software to tune 98+. I don't know if you could get software tuning that data logs as well. That would be sweet. As you can tell I have very little knowledge on the computer aspects of cars, lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Just watched a video about autotap. I wonder why it doesn't work well with our cars. It's obd2. Maybe it can get the job done even if its not the ideal choice. Hmmmmm.......
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Just received a call from someone at autotap and it won't work on my car, dang.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i talked to someone from autotap a year ago and they told ma only the older ones would work. and i believe the only tuning option is jet performance. who bought out lt1 edit or tuner cats obd2 or some **** like that.

Quick Reply: Need ideas for data logging obd2