LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP! Lower Control Arm swap/Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Lower Control Arm swap/Problem

Upgrading to BMR lower control arms on my 94 TA and the rear bolts holding the original ones on will not budge. I have the the bottom nuts off and pounding on the bolts does nothing. Has anyone swapped these out before and can give me some insight?? it would be greatly appericiated
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

uhmm do you have a torch so you can heat up the metal around the bolt?

do the bolts have a head on them to put a wrench on? if they do you could try turning them out.

could spray them down with wd-40 or penetrating oil of some kind and let it sit there for a while then beat the hell out of them.

otherwise you need a bigger hammer... unless you plan on reusing the bolts you can get creative

Welcome to LS1Tech!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your talking about the large vetrical bolt I had to cut mine out, they were a pain to get out and wernt coming out any other way I could see lol. Mine had 165k on them. New bolts go in alot easier lol
Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

They can be a BIG pain in the *** When I done my poly suspension the front ones were pretty stuck!!! So I soaked the **** out of em with PB Blaster They do make a Freeze penetrant now that would help you out Just keep at it & get a 2lb sledge or 10lber LoL LUBE the **** out of the new stuff with good grease!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Okay thanks guys yea mine has 178k on it so im gonna try PB and a 3pounder if that doesnt work i guess im cutting it out. Just wanted to see if i was missing something. Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: HELP! Lower Control Arm swap/Problem