LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Injectors/Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What Injectors/Pump

Hey guys, need some opinions/advice. Getting ready to Install a Vortech V-1 blower/ Intercooler setup, Build is in my signature. Right now im running a walbaro/racetronix 255 pump with the hotwire mod and a set of accell 45lbs injectors. Im looking for 10lbs of boost with the setup. How much more fuel do I need, I'm almost certain I need bigger injectors but will the pump carry it?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best person to talk to is your tuner. He can tell you what the duty cycle is on the injectors on the current setup and suggest a bigger injector if needed. Another good measure is your HP goal, that should put you in the ballpark of what injector you may need.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red face

I bet you can move more fuel with that set up that you think. Get to the tuner before you buy anything.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My $0.02...

OP -

The two other replies are indeed correct (i.e. - "Ask a KNOWLEDGEABLE LT1 Tuner."), but as those individuals are a somewhat elusive breed in different parts of the country, do a little math to get you into the ballpark:

383 X [1 + 10/14.7] = an effective motor of 644 cubic inches

Then cross-multiply!

24 lb injectors (Stock for LT1) / 350 Cu. In. x ??? lb Injectors / 644 Cu In

Which, when you solve for ???, gives you: 44.16 Lb injectors. So, you might not be that far off.

For reference, my 383 runs about 12.5 psi (I guess I'd better update my sig!) and I use 48 lb injectors with an additional factor of safety via a Snow Performance Meth kit - but my local tuner suggested 60 lb units so I could be all wet!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by maxplusten
Hey guys, need some opinions/advice. Getting ready to Install a Vortech V-1 blower/ Intercooler setup, Build is in my signature. Right now im running a walbaro/racetronix 255 pump with the hotwire mod and a set of accell 45lbs injectors. Im looking for 10lbs of boost with the setup. How much more fuel do I need, I'm almost certain I need bigger injectors but will the pump carry it?
(BTW - Luv the "Zoolander" reference! Is your next car going to be a "Magnum"?)
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

makes sense, Ill give Formato a call and see what he thinks... might be enough to get started anyhow. Luckly im 24x so that makes the tuning aspect a little easier. Thanks for all the good info guys!

While were on the topic, anyone know a good place to buy a Front mount setup? The kit im buying is an older style straight outta the charger into the intake. Not crazy about that idea
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Willing to bet you will settle on 60s with that setup. For a FMIC, I used a 31x12x4 CX Racing unit. Works fine for me and if you are dead set on keeping the fogs, you should be able to squeeze them in there. Airflow will be even worse though with them in the way. Also bought a 3" tubing kit from them and cut the pipes myself to assemble everything. I reused the 3.5" tubing from the Procharger kit going to the intake. You can check out my thread for pics.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

I actually looked at the CX Racing kit on ebay, was considering it but I was affraid it would be ebay quality? No boost leaks or issues with it? How many lbs are you pushing through it? I figured id go buy one of the old school airforceone elbows (assuming you can still get them) for the intake. Eventually id like to put it at 15lbs (Im certain ill need more fuel then). Deffinatly gonna let the fogs go as much as i hate to... all in the pursuit of performance i guess lol
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

No leaks from what I can see and I'm running 19lbs (as seen at the manifold) which is right around where I should be with my pulley combo.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 AM
TECH Resident

Very nice... probably have a million more questions for ya soon once the actual work starts
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 AM
TECH Addict

No problem. Are there better units than the CX racing unit? Sure but many have used it and its shown to be effective.

Quick Reply: What Injectors/Pump