LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1995 Key Fob Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 Key Fob Help Please!

I know this doesn't seem to be the right place to post, but I didn't get any input in the electronics section so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try here also.
__________________________________________________ __________

So a while back I bought a key fob for my 1995 Trans AM. It was in very good shape and was supposedly never used and it doesn't look like it has been. Since it was so old I went ahead and replaced the batteries. The car did not come to me with a key fob, but it did have the AUO code "or whatever everyone said to look for." So I followed these instructions to program it.
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#1995keyless
However the car never would make a sound and the remote would not program. It was like the car was not sensing I was jumping the wires because the door lock actuators never did cycle. After doing a lot of research it appears that some cars have had the "transmitter or module" that receives the signal removed. However I removed the passenger side kick panel and inspected the module. I did not see any noticeable damage to it and everything was plugged in. Also I inspected the OBD port and all of the terminals were in good shape and I was making contact with the jumper wire. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Chase

Old 06-11-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know..you might want to clean your door lock switches with some electronic cleaner. Mine did the same thing when I got two key fobs. At first they didn't want to work or get programed, as soon as I cleaned the switches and reprogramed the key fobs it worked..
Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jlpz
You know..you might want to clean your door lock switches with some electronic cleaner. Mine did the same thing when I got two key fobs. At first they didn't want to work or get programed, as soon as I cleaned the switches and reprogramed the key fobs it worked..
Sounds like it would be worth a try. Thanks

Quick Reply: 1995 Key Fob Help Please!